Anybody using Juicedefender? Would you recommend it?

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
So I upgraded early from a LG Optimus S to a Galaxy S III. I love the phone how the battery life isn't so good. I heard about an app called Juicedefender today from a friend who uses it. Would anybody who uses recommend it?

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely recommend it! It works really great. Definitely saves my battery when I don't use it at all. It has doubled my battery life. If you use it you can get by with the plus version. If you buy it give it a couple days to get used to you how you use your phone before you notice a difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!

bart001

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I just started using Juice defender a couple of weeks ago. I do see about a 30% bump in my battery life. If your a heavy phone/data user it is not going to help you with battery life.

If you use your phone occasionally or your phone sits for long periods without being used, it will help. It does this by disabling your wifi/3g/4g while your phone is sleeping. My phone is in my pocket a lot where its gets poor data signal - so it has helped me. I have it set to keep my wifi on at home. This way I don't have to wait for it to connect to the wifi. I thought it was worth the money for my needs. Try the free version to see if it helps you. Good luck!!!!

ducatti20

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a love/hate relationship with Juice Defender... I have the Pro version, which I picked up when I was on the Epic 4G... The stock version of the app didn't help me at all, the Pro version did a little with the automatic bluetooth on/off, wifi on/off options as well as the sleep mode functions.... but I think it caused more instability with other apps than it was worth. I get a minimum 18 hours with my GS3 with everything left on all the time, so I haven't seen the need to try JD out on this phone yet... If you are not getting at least 12-14 hours you need to look at some settings on your phone... I have gotten over 30 hours on a charge with no real effort, my wife uses the crap out of her phone (like 4-6 HOURS screen time) and still clocks in over 12 hours off charger...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Juice Defender Ultimate works great for my Acer A500 (except it kills wifi and takes forever to reconnect) but does nothing for my S3. So my answer is.....no.

I do however recommend juicy juice. That's some good stuff right there!!

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Juice Defender Ultimate works great for my Acer A500 (except it kills wifi and takes forever to reconnect) but does nothing for my S3. So my answer is.....no.

I do however recommend juicy juice. That's some good stuff right there!!

Just don't spill it on the phone!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried it on my s2. Even bought it but didn't notice a big difference so now I go without.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Come on Juice Defender hasn't been updated in a year! You'd better use an app that comes with regular updates like GreenPower (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=org.gpo.greenpower&token=YFjOczu4)

Bought Green Power based on your post just to try it. Have used JD on a few different phones.

This "seems" to be a little less invasive than JD, both running default settings.

I do miss the ego stroke of seeing that the program is giving me X percent more battery life, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had JD Ultimate, but got rid of it. It didn't increase my battery life enough to bother. So I started using my smartphone smarter (pun intended), and my battery life has increased. Imagine that. I'm a pretty heavy user, so it makes a difference. For those times when I really need to extend my use (like using my SkyDroid app on the golf course), I have a Gorilla Gadgets extended battery that gives me all the power I need and more. I may check out the free version of GreenPower Battery Saver though. It looks like a pretty good app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon