Is there anyway to convert Sprint Galaxy S3 to use a sim ?

irish-psycho-gurl

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 from America, but there's no sim slot/reader or micro sim reader is there anyway to convert it or any adapter I can use so it can use a sim or micro sim to use the phone in Ireland? :-\

If I was to replace the part that holds the SD card with a part that holds an SD card and a sim card would that work?

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No. Its not a GSM device.. The radios chipset and antennas would need to be re-done..
The Sprint version is a CDMA version.
You would need a T-Mobile or ATT version.
TO be more precise you would need to know what band of GSM or what system your using in Ireland to make sure its compatible with the version you need to buy..
Most GSM are quad band devices. TMO uses an odd freq in the US.. ATT is your better bet..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 from America, but there's no sim slot/reader or micro sim reader is there anyway to convert it or any adapter I can use so it can use a sim or micro sim to use the phone in Ireland? :-\

If I was to replace the part that holds the SD card with a part that holds an SD card and a sim card would that work?

You would still have to find a way to disable the SIM built into the circuit card. As they would conflict. So I would say it's probably not worth the effort if even possible...

Orlando 1

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I got the same problem, bought a Sprint phone in Arkansas. One hour after I'd bought it, I realized it had no sim card or micro sim card slot, but a micro sd slot. What did you finally do? thanks.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The Verizon version of the phone is CDMA yet it still has a SIM card slot...

Yes, but the Verizon S3 is a World phone, with both GSM and CDMA radios. The Sprint version is not.

I would advise the OP to purchase an international version of the phone, the i9300, for use in Europe.