Favorite Tasker Profiles

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have Tasker and Automateit... I prefer Automateit because it's easier to set up.. I have the following rules set:

Speakerphone enabled when device is away from face, disabled when close to face.

Brightness at 100% when opening Quickpic, back to 40% when I exit.

YouTube auto rotates when launched.

Disable wifi and kill Y5 when launching Wi-Fi tether.

Volume on for VIP contacts.

Volume on after 911 text.

Notifications and sounds silent when in appointments.

Announce "Welcome home" when I arrive home. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I also have the same sound for texts from my three kids, and an announcement when it's the college student that says "text from the college student, probably wants money". Everyone thinks that one is pretty funny.

logan121691

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
How did u do that speakerphone one I tried to do utterly and failed
Did u use tasker or automateit?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, the YouTube one was in the "rule market" which is in Automate it and the speaker phone one is at xda. Just Google "automate it speaker phone" .. there is a thread with common rules...

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
My favorite Tasker profile (and I am just a beginner) is when I remove my phone from my car dock, it searches for wifi. I also have a profile that when it finds my work wifi, it auto silences.

And I have a profile on my son's E4GT that disables the radio and silences the phone when he is at school until he gets on the bus. I also have a 'Grounded' profile that locks certain applications.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My favorite Tasker profile (and I am just a beginner) is when I remove my phone from my car dock, it searches for wifi. I also have a profile that when it finds my work wifi, it auto silences.

And I have a profile on my son's E4GT that disables the radio and silences the phone when he is at school until he gets on the bus. I also have a 'Grounded' profile that locks certain applications.

Do you also have a lock on that so he can't go in and disable your rules?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you also have a lock on that so he can't go in and disable your rules?

You know it! I actually have an app that kicks individual apps including the settings, play store and others. But i use tasker to lock the web.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463