Text Messages - From iPhone to Galaxy S3

filoli

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Centura yesterday and I can't receive texts from iphones. They can receive mine and read them and reply but I get nothing. I thought my mom had lost her mind when she said she can't text anyone with her new iphone unless they have an iphone. The only ones in the family who don't have iphones are me and my nephew. He has a Nokia so we are able to text each other. Would like this fixed. I'm not taking my phone back, because I love it. But I would like to text everyone in my contacts.

Kenny Kang

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, if you had an Apple ID associated with the iPhone, this solution should work; I just tried it out with my new Galaxy Note 2 and it worked. If you go to "iforgot.apple.com" you have the option of changing your Apple ID password. What this does is essentially it logs you out of your Apple ID account from all the devices that were logged in with it. After a few minutes, your Apple ID should no longer be linked with your old iPhone and texts should come through just fine. Hope this helped!

Krish x

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Uh had the same issue with my iphone 5 and switching over to S4. What I did was factory reset my iphone 5 from settings as in get full reset and take out the sim card. Have the person who tried to text me before delete the branch text and start a new conversation/text with me and it went directly to my s4.

Cheers.

aestrada225

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
You have to have them edit your phone number on their contacts list by changing your number from iPhone to cell phone. Otherwise their phone thinks you have an iPhone.

LoriT706

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I just had this same problem...Try this...Log into your itunes account. Go to account information, device management and remove device. This will immediately resolve your problem....good luck!

dteeters

May 13, 2013
Visit site
So here's my situation. I borrowed an iphn4 for 3 days while my galaxys3 was being replaced ( i broke the screen). When I got the phn back and replaced my sim card into my s3, I knew pretty quickly that something was wrong. I tried sending a grp msg using my powow app that I usually used. It sent the msg to some people in a different language and others received it just fine. I called AT&T and they said I had an unlocked phone and that I should return it to get a true AT&T phn. Which I did. The txtng issue seemed to be resolved until I realized that some people were not answering my txts. I finally figured out that it was some iphn users but not all. I googled for an answer and found this forum. I started to work through many of the answers that were given and each one failed. So far I have only tried things on my end to fix the problem. I do not feel like it's appropriate to ask all of my iphn contacts to fix anything on there end. It's not really their fault. I have tried deleting my number from the itunes acct that I apparently created while I had the iphn, although briefly. I have turned messaging off on the old iphn I temporarily used. I finally did a hard reset on the old iphn. I did all of this without my sim card being in the iphn. I did it with an old sim card being in the iphn. After all, none of the posts said that my current sim card had to be in the iphn to go through the suggested processes. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

patita08

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Shameless stolen from cleave @ droidforums

forum/droid-razr-maxx/225787-not-getting-text-messages-iphones.html

Here's what the problem is:
Apple's iMessage essentially intercepts all "text messages" from the iPhone. It checks if the recipient has an iPhone or not. If not, it will send as a text instead of an iMessage. It seems to do a really horrible job of detecting that someone has left the iPhone world. Some of your friends phones must still think you are in Apple land.

Heres what to do:

Go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
Click on "edit products"
Click on the "x" to the right of the product.
Click "unregister"

Hope this works.

This worked for me!! Thank you

hutsenhomes

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I just switched over from iPhone 4 and could not receive text messages from iPhones with the new ios7. My wife has a iPhone 4s with the updated ios7. There is a setting called sms on the iphone that had to be turned on in order for users without apple imessage to receive there messages.

willsing12

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue as well. I traded my Iphone 4 for the Galaxy S4 and wouldn't receive any text from Iphone uses even after I unregistered my phone number and had some people delete my contact. I decided to call Apple to see if they found a solution for this. The rep was not able to help me and basically said it should work soon or later. After I got the manager on the line, she was able to disassociate my number in their system. After about 5 min, I started to receive all text messages that was sent from 3 prior at one time. I hope this will help!

PPutnam2706

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have experienced this issue, and have countless calls to my carrier I have finally had this fixed. You need to completely disable your apple ID account. I did this through my carrier who contacted Apple and they asked me some information and performed this. Once you do it does take 24-48 hours for it to completely take affect but then it does work. It is crazy it takes this type of step once you switch to a different phone and that it takes that long but it does finally work. Contact your cell phone provider and explain that you need to deactivate your apple account completely, or you may login to your Itunes or I Cloud account and do it online as well. Hope this helps!