Why do all my pictures come out rotated when I have rotation OFF?!

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
A lot of my pics come out rotated to the right or left when I have it set to be in force landscape (in Nova) and screen rotation off for the phone. So why does it do that to my pictures? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this with my galaxy s2 as well as my galaxy s3. When taking pictures always take them with the volume buttons facing the floor. This will prevent the photos from being turned right or left when sending them in text messages etc.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't doing that MAKE them rotated in landscape form lol............

Try it and see if I'm lieing... I wouldn't provide a solution if I didn't have one. When I used to have iphone if you did that yes it would be landscaped. When I switched to the s2 and now my s3 when you take a picture the same way you hold the phone it looks normal till you go to send it.. Then it turns as you said. If you take them like I said and go to text them.. They show normal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Examples below.

1st photo - phone held upright.. Just as if you were holding it in one hand and reading something on it or whatever.

2nd photo - another photo except this time I landscaped my phone by tilting the volume buttons twords the ground.

See the difference? :) in gallery they both look fine... It's only flips the picture when you're going to text, email, post etc. the photo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350578214264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350578214264.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 58
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350578239779.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350578239779.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 59

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried that and it still didn't work... held it in landscape (volume facing floor) and it came it tilted lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried that and it still didn't work... held it in landscape (volume facing floor) and it came it tilted lol.

There might be an app then messing with something on your camera. I know my friends so what I do and we have zero issues now.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the same issue, i notice this after the L13 update, prior to i use to take my pictures upright and sending the images would send normally

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
There might be an app then messing with something on your camera. I know my friends so what I do and we have zero issues now.

I don't have any camera affiliated apps so I don't see how that'd be possible.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any camera affiliated apps so I don't see how that'd be possible.

Might have to try a factory reset. It would suck completely i know but.. I don't think anyone has a clue why your having this issue since no one is posting.

I'm just trying to help.. On all my galaxies its done this and it just always take landscape photos and it solved the issue. So /shrug

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Might have to try a factory reset. It would suck completely i know but.. I don't think anyone has a clue why your having this issue since no one is posting.

I'm just trying to help.. On all my galaxies its done this and it just always take landscape photos and it solved the issue. So /shrug

Factory reset?!?!? I WILLL cry....

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, so now holding the phone with the volume facing down works! The pics look fine when sending them and what not. BUT why should I have to do this for a photo to come out normal? Why doesn't it look upright when I'm taking the photo upright, it just doesn't make sense. Is this on all GS3?? What can I do so the photos are upright when taking a pic upright?? Thanks for dealing with me lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
OK, so now holding the phone with the volume facing down works! The pics look fine when sending them and what not. BUT why should I have to do this for a photo to come out normal? Why doesn't it look upright when I'm taking the photo upright, it just doesn't make sense. Is this on all GS3?? What can I do so the photos are upright when taking a pic upright?? Thanks for dealing with me lol.

No clue why. I've always wondered myself why my galaxy s2 did this and then noticed my galaxy s3 did as well. I just kind of accepted it and take pictures the way I told ya and avoid any issues.

Maybe samsung will fix one day? Who knows? :)

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok really weird... i was holding the camera upright (portrait mode) and the notification bar appeared as if i was holding it in landscape mode. Its like the phone thinks its in landscape mode... really weird. And wow even this photo is tilted lol -___-

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350918606416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350918606416.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 237

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
A lot of my pics come out rotated to the right or left when I have it set to be in force landscape (in Nova) and screen rotation off for the phone. So why does it do that to my pictures? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Ok really weird... i was holding the camera upright (portrait mode) and the notification bar appeared as if i was holding it in landscape mode. Its like the phone thinks its in landscape mode... really weird. And wow even this photo is tilted lol -___-

You did say you have nova launcher force landscape.. Maybe this could be affecting it? Not sure.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You did say you have nova launcher force landscape.. Maybe this could be affecting it? Not sure.

Nope, it was in force potriait, then I switched it to default then I switched it to Rotate... all with the same ending of rotated pics -__-

kellzz

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem!!! I also had iPhone 4s I switched to galaxy s III
I take the pics with volume down and still doesn't work when I post to Twitter or instrgram
please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae