so we going to get jelly bean but no flash?

Seven_Speed

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
cool we getting jellyB. Im hearing no flash, im not crazy about this idea. is this correct? if so when we get the update how can i get it back?

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, you can't.

I like Jelly Bean, but i really miss the ability to use flash. If you use flash a lot, it may be worth it to skip jb.

Full disclosure, it wasn't enough for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, you can't.

I like Jelly Bean, but i really miss the ability to use flash. If you use flash a lot, it may be worth it to skip jb.

Full disclosure, it wasn't enough for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I think you can w/ root if I am not mistaken.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All of the above said is correct. Besides Flash is already being replaced on mobile devices by other means of multimedia players and coding so in time it won't even be considered a problem as website developers re-tool things to work without Flash ability for mobile devices.

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Flash is back! Thanks guys. And Paul seems to be right about the future of the importance of Adobe Flash. Still nice to have for now.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/archive/android/11.1.115.20/install_flash_player_ics.apk <- Adobe didn't take down the link from their archives. As long as you have sideloading enabled, you should be able to just install it without root.

So far I've not had any problems on any Jellybean ROMs.

So all I have to do is download this and flash it right? If so,I think I'm going to do that,I miss flash and didn't back it up before I romed

I used to use physical buttons, and then I found button savior
-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So all I have to do is download this and flash it right? If so,I think I'm going to do that,I miss flash and didn't back it up before I romed

-S. T. C

Sent from my rooted, debloated CM10 jelly bean 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3 #LikeABo$$

No this is an apk. You can only flash zip files. You would copy it to either system/apps and fix permissions or data/apps and fix permissions. You may get by by just tapping on it and choosing install.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
No this is an apk. You can only flash zip files. You would copy it to either system/apps and fix permissions or data/apps and fix permissions. You may get by by just tapping on it and choosing install.

Hm... I installed it but when I hit the app and it takes me to the site I get a blank gray screen

Maybe it's because I'm using dolphin?

fixing permissions to see if anything changes

Edited: nope, i guess its because my default browser is dolphin

what browsers use flash so i can check out if it worked? thx

-S. T. C

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The only way to check and see if it works is by going to a website you know uses flash. And see if the content is available to you.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The only way to check and see if it works is by going to a website you know uses flash. And see if the content is available to you.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fsoftware%2Fflash%2Fabout%2F&token=gutmd4yZ

I think this is the site I'm supposed to check. I'll have to do it in a while tho, got to find a browser that allows flash in the market and then try. The page doesn't fully load in dolphin,but it's because I have the dolphin version that doesn't allow you to enable flash

-S. T. C

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
The link on post#5 works fine on my leaked JB ROM by Freeza (LIH) using stock Browser. Thanks again to trekkie1701c.