Sprint to Get JellyBean Love OTA Style Starting Tomorrow.

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
That is a rooted version of Jellybean. I dont want to root my phone

Read the second post. Its not for rooted phones. Thats just a manual way of doing it through the stock recovery. Either that or just wait until you get the auto update.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well yesterday I asked about this on the Sprint forums and about 45 min ago I got a reply that they will be launching Jelly Bean starting tomorrow (10/25/12) in waves to Galaxy S3 owners.......but knowing Sprint I will believe it when I see it.......as for 4gLTE here in Seattle well looks like next Summer now.......*@#$ the garden slugs here move faster than Sprint!

It couldn't be that bad if here in Dallas we have 4G but you can't find it. You can be within a mile of the upgraded tower but since the tower is not activated for 4G you don't get the signal. For instance I spoke with a CS rep at sprint they explaned to me that I should be in the covered area and that they are updating the tower. It's rumored that about 15%-20% of DFW area towers have been upgraded to the LTE software. HOWEVER only about 2%-3% are active. while they manage the updates I'm getting these speeds.... ouch

View attachment 43026

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
This is un rooted. It is a complete tar image just like what is flashed on your phone from the factory. Being such, it erases what its currently on your phone.

Ok but will there be an easier way if not pushed OTA manually instead of erasing all of stuff? Like a install of a file then Power volume up and home then click on update from sd card ? or is it because that file is not available yet?

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok but will there be an easier way if not pushed OTA manually instead of erasing all of stuff? Like a install of a file then Power volume up and home then click on update from sd card ? or is it because that file is not available yet?

The file is not available yet. I've look on other sides too. No one has it yet. Check the other threat "Your way to update..." for the file. I think it's the second or third post. There's a placeholder for it. Should be up soon.

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It couldn't be that bad if here in Dallas we have 4G but you can't find it. You can be within a mile of the upgraded tower but since the tower is not activated for 4G you don't get the signal. For instance I spoke with a CS rep at sprint they explaned to me that I should be in the covered area and that they are updating the tower. It's rumored that about 15%-20% of DFW area towers have been upgraded to the LTE software. HOWEVER only about 2%-3% are active. while they manage the updates I'm getting these speeds.... ouch

View attachment 43026

Im in FtWorth. And ive had LTE for awhile.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Dnomyar220

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hoping to get a bump on this on updating with CWM:

"If I have CWM recovery on my phone and I'm rooted, should I just wait for a flashable version of this? Anyone have a source? I used to do this all the time on my OG evo but honestly my skills are a little rusty..."

Sent from GS3 via Tapatalk

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: Will checking manually hasten the time I have to wait for the OTA update, or is it irrelevant and just have to wait until Sprint says it's my time?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Quick question: Will checking manually hasten the time I have to wait for the OTA update, or is it irrelevant and just have to wait until Sprint says it's my time?

Checking manually won't do a thing for the ota. The ota must be be pushed to your phone. The update firmware and software check, will only find an update that was sent and missed. Or an update that you choose to install at a later time. So unless you just missed it, or for some reason chose to skip it. It does nothing. This is how the Sprint tech explained it to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie