Your way to Update...

navinag

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
The safest route is to wait for you guys to post the update file. This way will not require (or suggest) a factory wipe but should install on a current rooted stock recovery like an OTA would.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
people that get the update first, please extract the URL of the update file and posted it here so people that hadnt gotten the update can manually download it instead of waiting weeks for the OTA to hit their phones... it gets stored in /cache. once someone gets the OTA they can pull it from there.

navinag

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Does restoring all apps function restore launcher and or phone settings.. I have not used this feature yet

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just received an email notification from Samsung announcing that Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S III is available. It actually has some very good info, most of it already posted in AC. But still good info. However, it doesn't include a link to install it for the individual carriers who have released it. My suggestion was for such links to be included in future notifications so those who choose to install the updates can do so without having to wait for the "gradually-released" OTA notification to reach our phones. Of course, this notification was from Samsung and not from Sprint. So...

DrRoyal

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the rom first, then the firmware, and now I can't make calls. Says I'm not authorized, do I need a different modem file?

Hmm, seems like I can receive calls, but get the male msg that my phone isn't authorized to make calls.
Tried Update PRL and Update Profile, still can't make calls.

Dr. Dave 'Wheels' Royal

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Any one try those with a dock. And see if they fixed where it wasn't working right.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Lane

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Skunkape I'm rooted and have you to thank for it as it was a first for me. I have teamepic recovery. Is that what you mean by custom recovery? Also do I wipe Dalvik thru my Titanium backup app and how do I do a factory reset? Also odexed or de-odexed?

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Went with method 4. Went off without a hitch. ALL my settings stuck. Easiest rom flash ever!
Thanks once more Skunkape! You duh man.

Sent From My SPH-L710 Via Magic

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Skunkape I'm rooted and have you to thank for it as it was a first for me. I have teamepic recovery. Is that what you mean by custom recovery? Also do I wipe Dalvik thru my Titanium backup app and how do I do a factory reset? Also odexed or de-odexed?

Your easiest path to update would be in post number 4. If you have never flashed in recovery please read this guide. How to Flash In custom Recovery. You shouldn't have a problem.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just 1 issue. The counter in download mode shows 1. Triangle away showed 1. Zeroed with TA and it showed 0. Went back into DL mode still shows 1. Rebooted and TA shows 1 again. Scared to zero it again. Also I noticed before updating in settings device status it says "modified". Is that a product of custom recovery?
Jelly IS noticeably snappier.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just 1 issue. The counter in download mode shows 1. Triangle away showed 1. Zeroed with TA and it showed 0. Went back into DL mode still shows 1. Rebooted and TA shows 1 again. Scared to zero it again. Also I noticed before updating in settings device status it says "modified". Is that a product of custom recovery?
Jelly IS noticeably snappier.

Did you flash the unrooted or rooted version. It will always show modified until you flash the unrooted stock tar. don't know why it still shows 1 count if you used TA after flashing your tar. Let me clarify something:

If you are flashing the unrooted stock tar file. You will clear your counts before flashing the stock unrooted tar file in Odin.

If you are flashing the rooted tar file. You will clear your counts after flashing the pre rooted tar file in Odin.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are flashing the rooted tar file. You will clear your counts after flashing the pre rooted tar file in Odin.

Rebooted then checked everything again... Then tried TA once more and both are zeroed out now.
Thanks for the info about about rooted vs unrooted for device status. I was wondering about that.
Great job!

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got it installed. and it works in dock. usb audio out an charging.

Also diff from leaked version, the toggles in notification window is still scrollable.

So dock should work with the sprint signed version? Right? Please say right :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jermajesty

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a link to the ota server yet? Did I miss the unrooted update.zip location. All I am seeing are roms that will root or wipe my phone.