Is Jellybean on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?

SeanFL

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
quick question: I get poor reception at work, but have great wifi. It will take the update over wifi even if on the roaming partner, right? I see my wifi download arrow on quite a bit since yesterday. Would it download in the background, THEN notify me? Or it notifies then downloads?

Waiting for the OTA, but might need to root to get fully satisfied.

LabRat-517

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that you must have your ext sd card formatted FAT32. Is this still the assumption? Does wiping the card of all data except the update get around this problem. Mine is a San Disk 64 gb class 10 card, and I put the update in the root directory, along side all my media storage folders. When I tried to install the update from stock recovery, I got an error "E: failed to mount /sdcard (invalid argument)" as soon as I tried the boot from external storage option in stock recovery. I posted my problem and was told that most likely my card was pre formatted exFat and I need to buy a stand alone card reader to reformat the card to FAT 32. However looking through all the posts since Friday I see barely a mention of other folks having this problem. Help! That huge zip file is just sitting there not being unpacked and installed. And this Google services framework thing hasn't worked out for me yet. Are you supposed to clear data, force stop, then restart phone? Or check for samsung software updates first? Any direction would be appreciated

S3 on Sprint - 16gb pebble blue + 64

I saw a post about that on XDA. I think he said he formatted the card FAT32 and it worked for him.
I think that's what it said, but not sure. Sorry.

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Qbking77 has YouTube with the file to update your S3. If you haven't received it yet just go do it manually.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Matotosh

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Keep trying! I did the Framework trick 3 times and IT CAME FINALLY!

New York, NY- Hurricane Sandy

Settings
Applications Manager
Press All
Google Services Framework
Clear data
Press ok (DON'T PRESS ANYTHING ELSE)
Go back to settings
System Update- Samsung Software...

It should go live after pressing Check Now

If not, just repeat!

jenna_alive

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
In Orange County, CA and can't get this update to save my life. Tried putting it on the SDcard and get that mounting error in recovery mode. Dark forces are aligning against jelly bean meeting my phone.

Rain#CB

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yess updating as I type,This the way people who are still waiting to do it the OTA way!!!
NewOrleans by the way!!

Settings
Applications Manager
Press All
Clear data
Go back to settings

If not, just repeat!

Rain#CB

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to hit the reply with quote so I added it to my quote srry & BIG THANKS!!!

Settings
Applications Manager
Press All
Clear data
Go back to settings

If not, just repeat!

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I was having trouble with skype so I uninstalled and deleted it. I rebooted the phone and when it started back up there was the JB update.

This was about 9pm out in mid-MI.

Maybe I should try installing skype again? LOL

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a dumb question once you do the ota update does it clear all of your settings like folders and apps ect.. is everything going to be the same? or do you have to do a recovery sorry if i sound dumb??:-\

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a dumb question once you do the ota update does it clear all of your settings like folders and apps ect.. is everything going to be the same? or do you have to do a recovery sorry if i sound dumb??:-\
My S3 is 100% factory. The update did not clear or delete any of my apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar