Is Jellybean on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?

SomeoneOnLine

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
For some reason i am not able to call other sprint cell phone's from my s3. I can call all other phone numbers just not sprint phones. I can send sms txts and get calls from sprint phones just cant call them. It was working fine earlier this morning. Reboot didnt help. I wonder if this is bc they are jacking with my phone or something. Ohh and I keep getting PRL Updates like every few minutes. Hmmm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
why would sprint get this first when they may be the smallest carrier. what politics played into this

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

I don't think politics had anything to do with it. Samsung released it to the carriers and they just happened to release it first. I guess sprint wants to offer its users confidence in their update process.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

Agreed. Samsung hands the update to all carriers... Then it's up to the carrier to get it ready and push it. Sprint obviously cared to get it out ASAP.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The OTA from Sprint is scheduled to take a couple of weeks to get to all their customers. If you need it sooner Skunkape60 has an excellent post in the Forums, Your way to update, that lays out how to install it manually.

Jred

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
2PM in Austin, nothing.

I'm rooted, so i'm curious do i need to unroot to apply or wait for the rooted / deoxed rom to apply on top of what i've got? I never actually applied a rooted rom, just installed packages from recovery.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
2PM in Austin, nothing.

I'm rooted, so i'm curious do i need to unroot to apply or wait for the rooted / deoxed rom to apply on top of what i've got? I never actually applied a rooted rom, just installed packages from recovery.

Go to:
Setting>About device>Status>Device Status

if it says "modified" then you are most likely going to have to unroot to receive the OTA. or you can use the other methods listed in the OP. For an unrooted device that box would list the device status as "normal".

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
For some reason i am not able to call other sprint cell phone's from my s3. I can call all other phone numbers just not sprint phones. I can send sms txts and get calls from sprint phones just cant call them. It was working fine earlier this morning. Reboot didnt help. I wonder if this is bc they are jacking with my phone or something. Ohh and I keep getting PRL Updates like every few minutes. Hmmm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

I had a similar issue with my evo lte but it was cell phones in general between 2-8 along with the Inability to receive calls the issue has mostly cleared itself up with the s3. But on occasion I still get the voice mail without receiving a call

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
2:30pm here in Denver and nothing yet. I have been with Sprint now for 10+ years and remember that updates don't start rolling out until the end of the day so we should start seeing something from someone.

How many times are you hitting 'update Samsung Software' today?

tillerrw

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've tried it at least four times, knowing it doesn't really do anything. The ICS update for the S2 on Sprint started hitting in the early morning of the initial roll out date so I'm a little surprised someone hasn't reported getting the update yet...unless they held back for some reason.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
According to Sprint's twitter feed, they are: 'Rolling it out now! pls keep checking options >> system >> system update. It should pop soon.'

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
That really sucks. I guess I'll sit this one out until samsung/sprint fixes this bug. I love me some car dock. More so then jelly beans, I think.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Me too! My 30 min commute each way would be horrible without my podcasts! But I'm hoping people who are eager to upgrade will test it out to verify that the problem still exists.