Is Jellybean on your Sprint Galaxy S3 yet?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My guess would be you didn't do the last OTA. I think you have to be fully up to date with all previous in order to update to JB.

I am not sure if this is why it's just a thought. Skunk will know more.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

I believe you are on to something here. To either receive the ota or the update manually he must be fully up to date (LI3) that have all of the required and unmodified bloatware installed. If the phone is giving him these errors doing the update manually, it will do the same with the ota when it's pushed to his phone. So chances are his ONLY way to jellybean is through post #3 "Your Way to Update". Or take it to Sprint when his phone fails to accept the ota.

achume02

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope, never rooted my S3. I fear the post above may prove to be true because no one else has posted anything similar to my issue.

My work requires me to encrypt my phone for security... Could that be causing the problem? If so, maybe factory reset then update before reloading my email (with the encryption) ?

Any other ideas???

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

achume02

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Got inpatient and did a reset...dont see all the error messages anymore but it still failed to load. Any last ideas?

Thank you all for the help!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Got inpatient and did a reset...dont see all the error messages anymore but it still failed to load. Any last ideas?

Thank you all for the help!

I really don't know why it won't update. But if it won't update manually I don't see it doing so with the ota.

The way I see it you have 2 options. Wait for the ota and see if it works
And if it doesn't you can take it to Sprint.

Or you can flash the factory tar with Odin.

Oscarillo1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've got the update manually but received the upgrade notification from Sprint today. I am in The Woodlands, TX, just north of Houston.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

killerhz

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
yes im new to the site but was looking for info about the update and found this site. i tired the framework thing and it worked

WZp9U.png

just not sure i want to do the update now lmao...

roaztb33f

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah we haven't seen anything down here in North Florida. Constantly doing the manual check for updates and still no dice. Lame!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

nestking

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in southern New Mexico for me yet, I received a notice in my sprint zone a few days ago saying my phone had an update. At the time I was rooted but have since unrooted and everything is saying its stock and now I have no updates. any ideas?

esqueue

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in southern New Mexico for me yet, I received a notice in my sprint zone a few days ago saying my phone had an update. At the time I was rooted but have since unrooted and everything is saying its stock and now I have no updates. any ideas?

Sprint zone seems to constantly update itself. I don't think that it is the same update for 4.1 though.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Yes, sprint zone is telling you that your phone has an update and it does. But it is informational only. The update still needs to pushed to your phone.

achume02

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got the OTA pushed today. It installed fine and is up and running now. Wanted to say thanks for all the help - appreciate it.