Possible new LTE market or glitch?

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
On my drive to work this morning in Miami, Florida, the 3G icon on the notification bar turned to a 4G icon. Since then, it has gone back to 3G. Is this what happens before a new market is turned on, or was this a glitch?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
On my drive to work this morning in Miami, Florida, the 3G icon on the notification bar turned to a 4G icon. Since then, it has gone back to 3G. Is this what happens before a new market is turned on, or was this a glitch?

They are still building the network so that area you were in had some 4g but since the market hasn't been officially announced you will have spotty coverage for awhile.

Be patient though.. It's coming and will just start to cover Miami more and more :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Miami also and I too have seen the 4G come on in a couple different places - usually on the way to work. Here at work I have caught it a couple times in 4G, but it usually goes back to 3G pretty quickly. Almost like they were testing something and had it on momentarily. Yesterday, I found it on in the far side of the office. Not sure if it was momentarily or if I can get 4G from there being at the edge of the range. I do think that my 3G speeds have been better and more consistant lately too.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Sensorly shows LTE in the EXACT place where I saw it - on the 836, between the Palmetto and the airport. Thanks for the app suggestion. I can now see where the network expands as it does so.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar