I've Got Jelly Bean on My GS3 and This Is What I Think!

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I found some major battery drain. I then restarted the phone and it went away.

Damn auto correct. You always end up posting some thong you didn't Nintendo.

McPlot, certainly glad to hear that your battery drain seemed to disappear after a reboot. Mine was a little high earlier today, but that was a result of downloading 120MB of podcasts over 3G this afternoon. It seems like right now my drain is in line with what I would expect.

crankyd00d

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that bothers me is it does seem to drain the battery faster. I see it is faster and some other minor improvements, but it seems like I am paying for it with battery. It was already pretty fast and I'm not sure if I like the trade off. Perhaps it enabled some programs I disabled? Is that something the update would do? Looking at the battery drain I don't see anything out of whack or much different from what it was before. I do notice that texts vibrate much more strongly now so I was wondering if there was a way to decrease the vibration intensity. Also google now running and watching I would guess would use a little but to me it seems noticeably faster draining.

Check your Google Maps settings, when I updated my GNex to Jelly Bean it turned on a bunch of location settings I had turned off, that was the battery hit I was getting but it went back to normal when I turned them off again. (Things like "Report location from this device" or Latitude, etc. I hope it helps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Check your Google Maps settings, when I updated my GNex to Jelly Bean it turned on a bunch of location settings I had turned off, that was the battery hit I was getting but it went back to normal when I turned them off again. (Things like "Report location from this device" or Latitude, etc. I hope it helps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This guy is right. I JUST manually updated and Google Now prompts you to turn on location.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received my update, but I'm waiting (im)patiently. However the recurring notification for messages is still being utilized on ICS, for it is nothing new. Glad you are enjoying the JB goodness!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I manually updated to Jellybean and I see that the notification bar is now gray. Does everyone else have a gray notification bar? When I pull down on the notification bar, it turns to black, the way it should be. I'm really not liking the gray.

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I manually updated to Jellybean and I see that the notification bar is now gray. Does everyone else have a gray notification bar? When I pull down on the notification bar, it turns to black, the way it should be. I'm really not liking the gray.

HoldFastHope, thanks for mentioning this. I noticed this last night when I was using my phone in lower light situations. I thought I was seeing things until I noticed that there was a difference between my background and the notification bar. The bar itself is grey (and I've even noticed that icons on the left side look a little "washed out") while it does appear black when I pull down. I'm also not crazy about the gray and was actually concerned something was going wrong with my display.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

The gray is ugly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The gray is ugly.

Can't say I'm a fan either. Maybe its something that will eventually grow on me a little bit, but right now I'm not crazy about it.

Side note, just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread as it made the Android Central "From the Forum" posted last night, at least I thought it was kinda cool :). A lot of really good information and I'd like to continue as more and more people experience Jelly Bean and find all the little hidden treasures.

Nexus 10 image discussion, What makes an app a tablet app? [From the Forums] | Android Central

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have loved pretty much everything about the update. I use a lot of folders and I love how the new folders look, open and close. Very clean and good looking. I also love the new wifi icon, as I can tell that there is no connection if I can't get to the internet. Not a big change for me, but really like it. I like the snappiness of everything opening and closing. I also like the new layout when you hold down the home button to close all programs, go to google or the task manager. I also like how notifications show in the top now when you slide the bar down, showing you most of the message if not all of it. Obviously there are a lot of changes, those are just some so far that I have really liked.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20