I've Got Jelly Bean on My GS3 and This Is What I Think!

JojoSteez

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this grey sucks major bunghole.....

Mine seems to change from Grey to black and back randomly. I'm starting to watch to see if there's a pattern. I thought maybe it turned Grey when I got a notification but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

bonsly16

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Webpages load much faster. New color theme in the browser (though, I'll be likely changing to chrome soon). Alarms have cloud backgrounds. Camera has new effects. A small caption appears in notification or app reminding you can use voice commands (if enabled). I think I missed a few more tiny new things, but that's what I found for now.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Webpages load much faster. New color theme in the browser (though, I'll be likely changing to chrome soon). Alarms have cloud backgrounds. Camera has new effects. A small caption appears in notification or app reminding you can use voice commands (if enabled). I think I missed a few more tiny new things, but that's what I found for now.

Where do you see the voice command thing? I don't see where it can be enabled.

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is horrendous now after the update :(

Lost 14% with two 3 minute phone calls and the rest idle time on 2hrs and 46m since it was unplugged

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is horrendous now after the update :(

Lost 14% with two 3 minute phone calls and the rest idle time on 2hrs and 46m since it was unplugged

Frosty, I'm also seeing what looks like pretty rough battery life right now. As has been noted I certainly want to give it a couple of battery cycles before I think its a problem, but so far I do have some concerns.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Frosty, I'm also seeing what looks like pretty rough battery life right now. As has been noted I certainly want to give it a couple of battery cycles before I think its a problem, but so far I do have some concerns.

You guys are not considering the novelty factor. Just wait a few days, then decide. Don't obsess about it yet. Other people have suggested resetting the device..and have said that fixes the "battery life".

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Now I am at 62% with 5h,7m,19s of usage. Is that good or bad?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

It all depends on way too many variables which is why I don't know why everyone freaks out about battery life. I want to use my phone to its fullest potential so I just carry extra batteries and STFU about it, lol....with my sg2 I was changing or charging by 1pm daily. Now I go to about 5pm. With this update it looks like I will be about the same once I stop playing with the newness of it.

I have two oem batteries and a wall charger, I pop one battery out and the dead one in each day when I need to. I charge to 100% every night. I also have two cheapy non-oem batteries (which do not allow for nfc use) that I have in my purse for back up. I also have a power bank in my car for emergencies :) I'm able to do anything I want on my phone and I'm not constantly worried about whether Wi-Fi is on, GPS, Bluetooth, etc etc...I just use my phone how I want.

Those who brag about all their battery life, so what. I have a week's worth of power, too...lol

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on way too many variables which is why I don't know why everyone freaks out about battery life. I want to use my phone to its fullest potential so I just carry extra batteries and STFU about it, lol....with my sg2 I was changing or charging by 1pm daily. Now I go to about 5pm. With this update it looks like I will be about the same once I stop playing with the newness of it.

I have two oem batteries and a wall charger, I pop one battery out and the dead one in each day when I need to. I charge to 100% every night. I also have two cheapy non-oem batteries (which do not allow for nfc use) that I have in my purse for back up. I also have a power bank in my car for emergencies :) I'm able to do anything I want on my phone and I'm not constantly worried about whether Wi-Fi is on, GPS, Bluetooth, etc etc...I just use my phone how I want.

Those who brag about all their battery life, so what. I have a week's worth of power, too...lol

I feel you on that, I just keep my charger on hand all the time.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think its really cool of Sprint to take there bloatware off the phone. At least I can't find it in the app drawer anymore. Its as stock as possible from a US carrier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

dchamero

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
All the people complaining about battery life, just disable Google Now... you will loose the silly cards appearing out of nowhere with silly facts, but you will see a much better battery life...

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The Car-dock mode, aux-out through the microUSB and charging is back in the Sprint release! These features were removed in the European and pre-release versions and apparently Samsung have listened to the "fire-storm" of users that requested this. If you are using an OEM Dock, or an aftermarket Dock like our iBOLT.co product everything works as it should. I've attached screen shots supplied by user "Demetrius jr" (Thanks for your help!) as well as a link to the YouTube video he just made. We are contacting Samsung asking for confirmation that the AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon and US Cellular version will have these features "back" but it appears logical they will be in the there... Screenshot_2012-10-27-10-59-59.pngScreenshot_2012-10-27-21-51-52.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7mks41iH10&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance