I've Got Jelly Bean on My GS3 and This Is What I Think!

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read, it's a Sprint thing concerning privacy. I've read that either getting another camera app or rooting would do the trick.
I've tried the former n it doesn't work. I'm sure the latter would tho.

Sent from a different Galaxy using Tapatalk 2.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Search is your friend...
The ONLY way to do this on the Sprint gs3 is by rooting. Here are the directions to silence your shutter sounds. There are also several custom roms where the hall is already implemented.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=189791

There used to be an APK that you could install that worked on my Evo and Photon. Its not a huge deal breaker for me because I don't use the camera that much but its certainly a frustrating experience.

I also wanted to comment on some of the issues people are having with battery life (myself included). My usual investigating self spent a lot of time looking at the apps/processes that seemed to becausing me trouble. The issue my phone was having is that it over 90% of the time it wasn't getting to deep sleep and it spent about 75% of its time in 384 MHz. My GSam Battery Monitor was returning a very high percentage on the Kernel and the phone seemed to get hotter than it used to while running certain apps. After some additional digging it looked like one of the things that would keep triggering the kworker wakelock (by far my most prevelant issue) was certain accounts syncing. While I didn't expect it to be GMail, I saw where someone disabled the sync on their Samsung Account, and the problem seemed to be fixed. When I went to do this there was a red flag that said "Sync Error" I disabled all the syncs and my phone seems to be going into deep sleep. I'm hoping this helps going forward and it certainly makes sense that it would enter a "sync loop" and drain battery. I only have the account as I was trying to use it to back up some settings and such, but will just use Google going forward.

cshrader

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Complain to you congressman. They are the cause. It is illegal in many states and counties. To avoid lawsuits, Samsung decided to make it difficult for you to do this.

Please don't spread misinformation just because you read it somewhere else. I can't find a single law in the US making a silent camera illegal. There was one idiot that wanted to make it illegal in the US, but the bill was never passed. I don't think it is illegal in any country.

demolester

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I never had driving mode in my notification bar... how do you access it??

That was before(ics), now that im on official jellybean it is no longer accessible in notification bar, though you can still access it in settings menu..

Settings.. language and keyboard.. text to speech.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

kiikii07

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm If the camera is suppose to update with jelly bean 4.1. Mine has stayed the same with no updated gestures or gallery views.
Thanks

Sarah Pacheco Islas

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a question?I have looked everywhere and can not find an answer. its about the information ticker on the lock screen on gs3 from at&t.
I can not get the facebook lock screen ticker to scroll. it always says no information found. hopefully someone has an answer.thank you

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a question?I have looked everywhere and can not find an answer. its about the information ticker on the lock screen on gs3 from at&t.
I can not get the facebook lock screen ticker to scroll. it always says no information found. hopefully someone has an answer.thank you

Someone here may be able to help. If you don't get any answers, try asking this on the at&t gs3 forum. I don't use Facebook nor the lock screen with shortcuts.

Raylyee

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I can not, for the life of me, figure out where to choose a custom background for my text screen. My GS3 JUST upgraded this morning and now I have the ugliest background on my text screen. Can you help me? Thanks.

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please explain to me how to change the background in my messages? I've tried everything that I can think of.

I can not, for the life of me, figure out where to choose a custom background for my text screen. My GS3 JUST upgraded this morning and now I have the ugliest background on my text screen. Can you help me? Thanks.

If you go into messaging and navigate to the page with the list of "conversations" hit the left menu key, then settings. You can then change the "bubble style" or "background style".
Not much, but it is something.

fubar66

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
What I have found is that the volume control in the drag down menu does not mute or silence my notifications like it used to. Both sms and Facebook messenger messages barely as loud as can be even when it shows its in vibrate and silence. Has anyone else run into this or found a solution?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I beleieve the facebook scrolling is part of the premium suite update. Which hasn't been released on any US carrier S3 yet

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888