Jelly Bean update modem is horrible.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to conduct a test with the Li3 modem and the Lj7 modem and I have concluded that if you live in an LTE area its best to stay with the Li3 modem. The Lj7 modem basically takes LTE away from the device as I am not able to connect in the location I was able to otherwise connect. I was getting strong indoor LTE coverage with Li3 but with the new modem its not so. 3g on Lj7 seems strong but LTE isn't so.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Really, its different for everyone, where i live the radio greatly enhanced my 3g service and we won't be getting 4g EVER here in northeast Ohio, only Cleveland which is in the round 3 update list for some reason, even though Cleveland is one of sprints biggest markets.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My radio seems normal. I get the same signal in all areas of town.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So I decided to conduct a test with the Li3 modem and the Lj7 modem and I have concluded that if you live in an LTE area its best to stay with the Li3 modem. The Lj7 modem basically takes LTE away from the device as I am not able to connect in the location I was able to otherwise connect. I was getting strong indoor LTE coverage with Li3 but with the new modem its not so. 3g on Lj7 seems strong but LTE isn't so.

I guess it depends where you are. I am getting LTE in more places than I was before.

kcope316#AC

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Really, its different for everyone, where i live the radio greatly enhanced my 3g service and we won't be getting 4g EVER here in northeast Ohio, only Cleveland which is in the round 3 update list for some reason, even though Cleveland is one of sprints biggest markets.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So I've searched and am unable to locate this list you speak of. Can you give me a link or let me know when/if Columbus Oh will be seeing LTE, please?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've searched and am unable to locate this list you speak of. Can you give me a link or let me know when/if Columbus Oh will be seeing LTE, please?

Go to s4gru.com and go to the forums. In the "Network Vision" section at the top, one of the stickies is an "NV Deployment Running List". That's where he got his info.

Edit: Here's a link. The thread was just updated today, too.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

kcope316#AC

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Go to s4gru.com and go to the forums. In the "Network Vision" section at the top, one of the stickies is an "NV Deployment Running List". That's where he got his info.

Edit: Here's a link. The thread was just updated today, too.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Thanks a ton, I will keep watching but I hope I didn't buy a LTE phone that I will never get to see it's full potential!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos