Calendar Problem After Jellybean Update

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I manually to Jellybean this morning and noticed that my calendar isn't syncing. All my appointments were on there before and now there not. In setting I have which calendars to sync but non show up only the holidays? Not appointments nor contact birthdays. Something did come up about syncing with Samsung and kias.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So I manually to Jellybean this morning and noticed that my calendar isn't syncing. All my appointments were on there before and now there not. In setting I have which calendars to sync but non show up only the holidays? Not appointments nor contact birthdays. Something did come up about syncing with Samsung and kias.
Any thoughts?

The message that came up about Kies is that you need to use Kies to sync "My calendar" - which is the internal calendar ON the phone. Try clearing the data in the calendar app and letting it resync. It would be helpful to know what calendar you use -

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I use the one that came on the phone but I also downloaded the stock one from the play store and its doing the same thing

gazza99

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Any thoughts?

I had the same problem -Calendar won't show Birthdays from Contacts

Updated to JellyBean

Great can now place appointments fortnightly/every other week couldn?t do that before.

Birthdays WERE synchronising with the calendar ? pulling them through automatically ? then the wife?s birthday passed (with birthday cake icon) then lost all birthdays in the calendar/planner.
Took advice clearing on various websites to clear the calendar cache and use the application manager to reset THE CALENDAR ? this of course will clear all of your appointments so try this first.
If it doesn?t work then you can reset the calendar then try again.
I did reset the calendar then tried this using:-

Phone Samsung S III ?
UK network (O2 Network)

Make sure that your contacts birthdays are showing (ticked) in calendars.
Also ensure that Google calendar is ticked because when you setup or entered you first contact you might have had the contact defaulting to you Google calendar.

Create a new contact just a name don?t bother with all the other details EXCEPT place a birthday tomorrows date will do SAVE.
Go back to the calendar do you have the Birthday pulling through to the calendar/planner.
Yes GOOD
Now you are going to say but all of my other contacts birthdays are still NOT coming through.
Well you can start again by entering all of your contacts???. (I have 250 of them)
OR (you will have to do a little bit of editing) (normally Birthdays are going to be family)
Go in to the first contact with a birthday you expect to see hit the edit at the top scroll down to events (remember the date) hit the minus button (you are deleting the event but keeping all the other details of the contact) - SAVE go back to the same contact and enter the event/birthday again and hopefully after you save again it should show up in the planner/calendar.

IT WORKED FOR ME
Oh don?t try and cheat by going in to the event date and trying to change the date and saving it won?t work remember delete the event - save - go back in and re-enter the event.
I know a little bit fiddly but better than a total reset and entering all of those details again for 250 contacts!

GOOD LUCK:)

Last edited:

Padda3

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
The "new" calendar are good BUT..... I can't use it without the "new line" button when your'e writing a notice...
could I have the old one back ? What name has the old calendar ?
Now its s-planner..
Or what can I do to solve it ?
Please let me know...

my phone: Galaxy S2 I1900