Jelly Bean bugs/issues

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Still a no go after a hard reset and force stop. Geez

You've done a hard reset and that didn't fix it?? Do you have all of your credentials set up correctly?? If you're using Comcast, do you have the SMTP server info set up properly?

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Have you factory reset those phones?
You know that's what's going to be recommended, right?

Yes I hard reader my phone. Seems to be Google Now sucking the life out of my phone. Battery much better after turning off Google Now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes I hard reader my phone. Seems to be Google Now sucking the life out of my phone. Battery much better after turning off Google Now.

thats what i did initially, but then i missed the voice commands, so now i turned it back on but turned off most of the options in google now.

Em_Es_Judd

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is a proble with google, or a bug in Jelly Bean, but the web search function in Google Now has entirely stopped working for me. Voice and typed searches...nothing. Questions that Google Now can answer still work, like asking the weather, but anything that would default in a web search just sits there with the circular loading icon by the search bar. Pretty frustrating.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was just informed that for the last couple days since I updated, that nobody can call me from a landline phone!

My wife's phone or mine won't receive calls.

I just saw your post and noticed the same with my phone. I then did an "Update PRL" followed by an "Update Profle" and my phone is now recieving messages from land lines and mobile phone. Try that and see if it helps.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I called Sprint and they sent a reset. I pulled battery and calls are now coming like they ate supposed to. I had done a update PRL and Profile and it hadn't fixed it so sprint reset something and that did it.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have Jelly Bean, I updated manually via SD card.

The one issue I've spotted so far involves using "Google voice typing."

When I select it using the microphone icon in SwiftKey or via the notification bar's "Choose input method," nothing happens.

Nothing.

The microphone appears with a circle around it but no red glow and no voice inputs are recognized.

It's worked a handful of times, but it usually doesn't work at all.

I found this http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35737

Says if Bluetooth is on, voice typing won't work. It's also the reason why Google Now endlessly says "Initializing" when I'm on Bluetooth.

Anyone else experiencing this?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I found this Issue 35737 - android - Google Voice Search stuck on "Initializing" - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Says if Bluetooth is on, voice typing won't work. It's also the reason why Google Now endlessly says "Initializing" when I'm on Bluetooth.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I am typing this right now with my voice and having bluetooth on

- - - Updated - - -

keep in mind that my bluetooth was just on but not connected to my earpiece

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

keep in mind that my bluetooth was just on but not connected to my earpiece

It works with Bluetooth on, but not if a headset is actually connected. My bad.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Google Now gets stuck and says "Initializing" and "Google voice typing" does not work when a device is CONNECTED via Bluetooth. Both work if Bluetooth is on, but a device is not connected.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Google Now gets stuck and says "Initializing" and "Google voice typing" does not work when a device is CONNECTED via Bluetooth. Both work if Bluetooth is on, but a device is not connected.

I thought a hard reset would fix this problem so I did that. Now I've lost Adobe Flash. Was working with JB before, but now I can't even download the app.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought a hard reset would fix this problem so I did that. Now I've lost Adobe Flash. Was working with JB before, but now I can't even download the app.

Google it. The flash apk for ICS is out there on Adobe's website... archives...

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

ksjmh13

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Nothing big but very annoying to me. Before the update, when my phone went to sleep and I pushed the home button, my phone would wake up at wherever or whatever I was doing. Now whenever it goes to sleep and I press the home button to wake it up, it will take you to the home screen instead of picking up where u left off.

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Nothing big but very annoying to me. Before the update, when my phone went to sleep and I pushed the home button, my phone would wake up at wherever or whatever I was doing. Now whenever it goes to sleep and I press the home button to wake it up, it will take you to the home screen instead of picking up where u left off.

This annoys me as well... :-(

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
2y6u6ate.jpg

Google now turned on but mist of the notifications in it are turned off.

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
What task are you doing that makes this happen? I just opened my browser and let my phone go to sleep and when I pressed the home button it went back to displaying the browser page I was looking at.