Jelly Bean bugs/issues

jrsoit

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ive had random phone resets since the update. So far not all that impressed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Got JB on my international S3, Nordic version (NEE, XXDLID). Factory Reset after update.

Havent had any spescial faults exept that the sound/vibration management is pretty lame! (More about that later in my post)

My discovery:
When turning the phone on silent (without vibration), someone calls me and the phone is quiet. If i get a sms the sound is on in lowest volume. Same happends if its on "vibrate" mode.
When i adjust the volume, and press the settings button so i can see all the volume rockers, and then manually adjust the ringer volume to zero, the ringer volum logo, notification logo and system logo gets the "no sound but vibration" logo, and the ringer volume and media volume goes to zero but notification volume stays where it was.

As you see here:
2012-10-28 21.07.29.png

2012-10-28 21.07.28.png

As you can see, it doesnt adjust the notification volume, even when you choose silent mode in the norification bar.

And back to the vibration control:
At night, i used to turn off vibration as the phone makes alot of noice laying on my night stand, so no vibration and just lowest sound volume.
I used Volume Ace as a profile manager, so that was easy to change between all the different settings. Now, i can only choose vibrate on ringer sound in Volume Ace, after upgrading to JB.

But if i now want to turn off vibration, i first have to go to settings, sound, and turn of "sound and vibration" here, then i have to go into settings for message app and turn off sound and vibration, then i have to into settings for each email account and turn off vibration.
Why on earth(!) have they placed the vibration settings like this? Its so stupid i cant even tell by words! :-X Why cant they have ONE setting that deaktivate vibration for ALL those things as it was on my S2!

Now i end up turning of vibration on everything because i dont bother turning it back on as its a 10 minute job! So what do i need vibration on my super S3 for? I dont know, its just stupid.. And it pisses me off! :mad:

Hope they gonna fix this! :mad:

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Low battery life! Not even 8 hours in wifi today.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351462775629.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351462775629.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 114

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Alpejohn....

Try holding the power button and use silent mode or vibration in the power menu.

Sent from my Innovative Sprint JB'ed Galaxy S3

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Something seems to be up with sound settings, that or I just don't understand them, because I'm not getting sound from go sms's private box..and some other things aren't making noise when they should be...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm not sure if this is just my device but is anyone getting a slightly washed out lock screen?? I use really deep black wallpapers and the one i'm using now looks greyish instead of the nice deep black its suppose to be. I've restarted my phone, soft and hard, turned off certain apps, looked at running processes and checked most, if not, all settings and can't seem to figure it out! I'm also seeing the battery drain that people seem to be talking about. I'm losing about 1% every 5 to 10 minutes on idle! Let me know what you guys know, if anything! Will keep you all posted!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Mikey, it's really not your job to enforce Sprint's TOS. And I seriously doubt anything you post here is going to change anyone's mind. Let it rest.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm not sure if this is just my device but is anyone getting a slightly washed out lock screen?? I use really deep black wallpapers and the one i'm using now looks greyish instead of the nice deep black its suppose to be. I've restarted my phone, soft and hard, turned off certain apps, looked at running processes and checked most, if not, all settings and can't seem to figure it out! I'm also seeing the battery drain that people seem to be talking about. I'm losing about 1% every 5 to 10 minutes on idle! Let me know what you guys know, if anything! Will keep you all posted!

You have the water touch "ripple" effect turned on over top of whatever lock screen wallpaper you have. It will give it a real washed out effect.

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The "Color" option in the Browser has been replaced with "Brightness" that dictates how bright EVERYTHING is, browser and not. Whereas Color just affected the Browser. So now i have to be switching back and forth all the time. Which is a drag.

The Data/Network indicator on the Notification Bar no longer shows when Bar is pulled down. HUGE pain, for me.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
You have the water touch "ripple" effect turned on over top of whatever lock screen wallpaper you have. It will give it a real washed out effect.

Yes I do but it never looked as washed out on ICS as it does with JB now. Not a big deal though. Other than this and the battery drain which is next on my fix list, JB seems to be running fine!

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The "Color" option in the Browser has been replaced with "Brightness" that dictates how bright EVERYTHING is, browser and not. Whereas Color just affected the Browser. So now i have to be switching back and forth all the time. Which is a drag.

The Data/Network indicator on the Notification Bar no longer shows when Bar is pulled down. HUGE pain, for me.

From the app drawer, i can no longer LongPress an app and Drag it to AppInfo to see details. This was very handy.

What a paining drag.

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Something seems to be up with sound settings, that or I just don't understand them, because I'm not getting sound from go sms's private box..and some other things aren't making noise when they should be...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

i get that with hotmail app sometimes. and it doesnt vibrate anymore.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So figure out it has something to do with the ext sd card. I'm not sure why but i do have the camera save to SD card. I wonder if this keeps the phone awake.

rick490

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has decreased a little but I also notice my phone is getting hot to the touch within a minute or two of using it, whatever is causing that could be killing my battery but I have no clue why it is so hot, it is actually burning my hand down by the home button.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Right after updating I noticed my phone heating up. I pulled the battery, restarted my phone, then backed up my sd card and formated the sd card using the phone settings. I then restored the data to my sd card and restarted by phone. Since then everything is great. Battery is as good or better than before. I hope this helps.

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I got this too. Showing media chewing up a big chunk of battery without ever using media. Not sure if google maps shows under this category, but someone said to check the google maps auto update my location. That was turned back on so I turned it off. Lately I've seen the "Gallery" chewing up big chunks of my battery, also with no use. Anyone seen this one and gallery using big chunks of battery?

IS there anyone else having this issue, MEDIA application is keeping my phone awake for way too long, killing my battery.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Minor: When I plug in my earphones, the icon does not show up in the notification bar. Not really a big deal for me because they work and I know can SEE that they're plugged in.

Otherwise, running great with no noticeable difference in battery consumption.