Jelly Bean bugs/issues

scribe9154

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had to pull the battery twice on the phone since installing JB when using yelp. The phone locks up and is unresponsive. Anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bart001

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Did they get rid of the option to add a phone number to the Rejected Calling List by long pressing on a phone number? I used to do this to spam phone calls through the call log. You can manually enter it but that's a pain.

zarzarwan

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Enabled 'open via the home key' in s voice setting which will allow us to open s voice by double tapping on home screen. At least it works for me...

zarzarwan

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Enabled 'open via the home key' in s voice setting which will allow us to open s voice by double tapping on home screen. At least it works for me...

- - - Updated - - -

Yep u r right. I have my lock screen set to lock after 2 minutes so I never let it set long enough to lock. But its still annoying and needs to be fixed.

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Here?s what I?ve noticed that I don?t like in Jellybean.

My screen is set to timeout after 1 minute. I used to be able to push the home button to wake up the phone and still remain in whatever app I had open. Now it takes me to my home screen.

I have haptic feedback where I never used to. Specifically, when I long hold an app to move it and when I dismiss my timer going off in the clock app.

I cannot get Google Now to open with a swipe up, down or any direction.

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Here?s what I?ve noticed that I don?t like in Jellybean.

My screen is set to timeout after 1 minute. I used to be able to push the home button to wake up the phone and still remain in whatever app I had open. Now it takes me to my home screen.

Mine goes back to homescreen to, not where I was before it went to sleep. Hope someone comes up with a "fix" for this!
I have haptic feedback where I never used to. Specifically, when I long hold an app to move it and when I dismiss my timer going off in the clock app.

I cannot get Google Now to open with a swipe up, down or any direction.

Mine goes back to home screen too. Hope someone can come up with a "fix" for this, soon!

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't use FB so I can't try that, however, I randomly selected a few apps (yahoo mail, file explorer, just to name two of the few) I have installed and could not reproduce your problem. I'm not saying your phone isn't having the problem, just that my phone is not doing it.

I didn't notice this before, but I let my screen timeout and you are right...the app which was open disappears. But I've found, by doing this several times that it's inconsistent. Sometimes the app will be open when using the home button, other times it won't. What's even more annoying is that if the app was opened from a folder, the folder does remain open, but not the app. I too would prefer the home button, rather than the power button, allow me to pick up where I left off consistently. I find it a bit difficult to use that side button anyway because of the case protector on my phone.
Other IssuesAnother issue I'm noticing since the update is horrible scrolling. I thought there was supposed to be improvements to make scrolling smoother. My home screens jerk and when on an app, there is such a disconnect between what my finger is doing and what the phone actually picks up. It's really a pain.

I've also noticed random times where I open up an app and just kicked out of it. It just closes by itself for no reason.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Did they get rid of the option to add a phone number to the Rejected Calling List by long pressing on a phone number? I used to do this to spam phone calls through the call log. You can manually enter it but that's a pain.

Ha, I recently had to use this and was baffled when I couldn't find it as well. I thought before you could block someone right from the contact page (or was that on the Evo?). But, I couldn't find anything quicker than the following method.

Go to Phone app, pull up menu for 'Call Settings'. Select 'Call Rejection', then 'Auto Reject List' which allows you to manage the numbers which you want added (or removed) from your reject list.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice this before, but I let my screen timeout and you are right...the app which was open disappears. But I've found, by doing this several times that it's inconsistent. Sometimes the app will be open when using the home button, other times it won't. What's even more annoying is that if the app was opened from a folder, the folder does remain open, but not the app. I too would prefer the home button, rather than the power button, allow me to pick up where I left off consistently. I find it a bit difficult to use that side button anyway because of the case protector on my phone.
Other IssuesAnother issue I'm noticing since the update is horrible scrolling. I thought there was supposed to be improvements to make scrolling smoother. My home screens jerk and when on an app, there is such a disconnect between what my finger is doing and what the phone actually picks up. It's really a pain.

I've also noticed random times where I open up an app and just kicked out of it. It just closes by itself for no reason.

"Other issues" are all things that a hard reset will fix.....

>

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I miss this feature also.

Socrates11

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming this is a jelly bean related issue, because I didn't notice it prior to updating, because I'm getting the gps searching icon in the notification toolbar all the time now. I've disabled Google Now because I thought that was the source but it's still going on. I've got to think that this is a battery draining action.

Any ideas?

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming this is a jelly bean related issue, because I didn't notice it prior to updating, because I'm getting the gps searching icon in the notification toolbar all the time now. I've disabled Google Now because I thought that was the source but it's still going on. I've got to think that this is a battery draining action.

Any ideas?

Turn off the location automatic reporting option in Google maps.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Please help..My problem is that the native email application no longer auto syncs and I have to go in and manually update. I've delete data and cache, restored the application without success. Please help

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue that I wonder if anyone else is having/can recreate.
When I return home and connect to my home wifi - I can make a phone call, but the recipient can't hear me and I can't hear the call being initiated or any ringing. This is corrected if I reboot the phone or if an INCOMING call comes in. Before the JB update, I would have the same issue, except there would be a HORRIBLY loud screeching sound while the call dialed. I just noticed it's better on JB but it's totally silent instead of the noise. I can't decide if this is a router issue or phone, or the wifi "connecting" - anyone able to help me diagnose this?

See if an app called SoundAbout alleviates your issue.