Jelly Bean bugs/issues

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to show you guys how much 'Media Server' is using up my battery this morning. From the moment I wake up with 100% to my commute to work, I usually have 98 to 99% battery life when I get to work just listening to music with Sammies music player. Well, I just recently started using Poweramp and have noticed that when I get to work I've been having 92 to 96% battery left. So, what I'm trying to tell you smart Android users is that Poweramp uses the cateloger (sp?) MUCH more than Sammies native music player. While I like poweramp, I can't see myself using it since I listen to music A LOT throughout the day and that would just lead to a quicker drain on my battery. Thank you for reading.....carry on!

View attachment 46281

Screenshot_2012-11-14-08-49-13[1].png

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed something werid and was wondering if others have come across this issue: I did the full update to LJ7, kept root, booted fine, etc. Been using it for about 3 days since I did the update, great battery life, calls work, apps, etc. Today I tried to install via an old apk I have on my sd card a font pack, and I got the error "package installer has stopped working".. Tried a few more times, same thing. so I thought maybe I was missing the installer apk, and tried to go into root explorer, and that wouldn't load, would state "root explorer has stopped working".. So I reboot my phone and I can install the apk, and get into root explorer, yet still don't know why/what caused it, and why I had to reboot the phone to get it back. This is the first time I've seen that happen EVER on my phone, and the first time since JB was installed. Others have this or know what it might be?

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Takes almost a second or more longer to open multitask window (aka hold home button).

Also the stock email app has the blue tint and low brightness. No options to fix it.

Stock browser still has the blue tint and no optiin to fix either.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
my notification led is noticeably dimmer now. Is anyone else experiencing this?

yup, suppose to be a bug or something. Sometimes it's dim, sometimes it's regular, don't know how they didn't catch that, amoung some other small issues here and there. Hopefully they will release another update soon.

vapore0n

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to show you guys how much 'Media Server' is using up my battery this morning. From the moment I wake up with 100% to my commute to work, I usually have 98 to 99% battery life when I get to work just listening to music with Sammies music player. Well, I just recently started using Poweramp and have noticed that when I get to work I've been having 92 to 96% battery left. So, what I'm trying to tell you smart Android users is that Poweramp uses the cateloger (sp?) MUCH more than Sammies native music player. While I like poweramp, I can't see myself using it since I listen to music A LOT throughout the day and that would just lead to a quicker drain on my battery. Thank you for reading.....carry on!

View attachment 46281

View attachment 46282

I was having great battery life (2 days worth) and today I got hit with the media bug.
Check my phone and battery is already down to 83%. Check Battery status and Media is up to 73%. Usually I use about 1% an hour.
Last thing I did yesterday was update google maps to the latest. Phone rebooted itself twice since yesterday (never had that happen).
Stopped the Media process and now monitoring battery usage more closely.

Edit:
Forced stopped Media and this seems to have helped.
Read around and some people are getting this problem because their SD card became corrupt and Media is having problems scanning it.
Given the random reboots by the phone, I could see why my SD card became corrupt.
Another is that the Clock Work Mod backup folder contains numerous files and folders that cause the phone to slow down when browsing that specific area.

Tonight Ill copy everything to my PC, reformat, and copy back everything but the CWM backups. That should help it.

Last edited:

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had JB for a day and besides the incredible battery drain I'm working through, I've got a weird mail app issue. I use the stock email app, and whenever I select the app to look at any of my inboxes, the screen dims to the minimum brightness. Is this a setting I am unaware of or a bug?

hathetran

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Try going to menu > settings > display > auto adjust screen tone.. Is that unchecked? Do you have auto brightness enabled?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Try going to menu > settings > display > auto adjust screen tone.. Is that unchecked? Do you have auto brightness enabled?

Adjust screen tone is checked and auto brightness is enabled. I've been playing around some more and found it does the same thing on the stock browser.

hathetran

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Adjust screen tone is checked and auto brightness is enabled. I've been playing around some more and found it does the same thing on the stock browser.

Try unchecking adjust screen tone and turn off auto brightness. Open the browser, hit the menu button, select the brightness option and turn off auto brightness in there as well

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Try unchecking adjust screen tone and turn off auto brightness. Open the browser, hit the menu button, select the brightness option and turn off auto brightness in there as well

Thanks for the tip. It worked for the browser, but my email app is still dimming with everything set the way you suggested. It's not a big deal, just annoying.

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I read through all the posts on here, and I haven't seen anybody mention issues with Handcent? My only problem is in the pull down notification bar. Whenever I get a text, it no longer lists just the text I received. It tells me I have 80+ texts waiting on me. I used to be able to pull down and do a quick read of the text, but now it is a garble of a bunch of people who have texted me over the the past month. It happens every time I get a text. I have not hard reset yet (does JB have any options to make this less of a pain?) or reinstalled Handcent bc I don't want to have to reset all my personalized ringers (does HC have a setting to make this easier?).

I am working on the battery issue (separate problem), but the Handcent text bug is a bit of an annoyance.

Thanks
K--

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol