Jelly Bean bugs/issues

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Clock doesn't keep proper time and date. I am with Sprint and I've had the Galaxy S3 since it came on the market. I didn't experience this problem until the software updated to jellybean. I've called Sprint several times with this issue and the response is nil. I've done a hard reset, but to no avail. Sprint's tech support suggested that I do a network reset ##72 78 6# and that didn't work either. I've even tried taking it off the network sync just to see if the phone would keep time from the internal clock, and no luck. The time and the date will not keep, this also disrupts the text message order also.
For giggles, try turning on GPS and see if that helps.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
When you go into another app directly from another app, for example, the Task bar, and you long press hold home to get to app manager, the last app doesn?t show. You have to press home and go to the home screen for you to long press home and access it via that way

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
When you go into another app directly from another app, for example, the Task bar, and you long press hold home to get to app manager, the last app doesn?t show. You have to press home and go to the home screen for you to long press home and access it via that way
Why would this be an issue?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
because its annoying to go all the way to the homescreen to switch back to the last app you were using....instead of doing it directly from the app itself by long pressing home button
I don't believe I'm experiencing this.

Edit: I just experienced what you are referring to. I see what you mean.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

Last edited:

Marko Bok

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest update, but this update added a ?half ball? on the left side of my screen. This is very annoying and I can?t find a way to remove is. It only shows me some icons I already have on my startscreen and more important, it blocks space when playing games.

Help?

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest update, but this update added a ?half ball? on the left side of my screen. This is very annoying and I can?t find a way to remove is. It only shows me some icons I already have on my startscreen and more important, it blocks space when playing games.

Help?

Sounds like you got a 4.1.2 update with the premium suite. If so that will be normal from my understanding. Are you a Sprint because I didn't think they had pushed that update yet.

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
is there a fix to the media drain ? would pulling out the sd card before update solve this concern ? is there an eta on the next update ?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Help?

Can you post a screen shot?

Sounds like you got a 4.1.2 update with the premium suite. If so that will be normal from my understanding. Are you a Sprint because I didn't think they had pushed that update yet.

His profile says he's from Holland, so it's unlikely he's on Sprint. Even if he's visiting in the U.S.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

On mine, long pressing the home key shows the LAST app I was using, but not the current app. Which makes sense, since if you want to go the current app you're already there and don't need to press the home key at all. What a long press won't bring up are widgets. So if the previous "app" you used was a widget, it won't show up. But I've had no issues with true apps not showing up in the list.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
On mine, long pressing the home key shows the LAST app I was using, but not the current app. Which makes sense, since if you want to go the current app you're already there and don't need to press the home key at all. What a long press won't bring up are widgets. So if the previous "app" you used was a widget, it won't show up. But I've had no issues with true apps not showing up in the list.
I thought the same as you until I went to the home screen and then long pressed the home key. One sees more apps.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Your complaint was that it didn't show the LAST app. In my case, it most certainly does.

I just did a long press from within my email app. I see 15 "recent" apps listed. Went back to my home screen and did a long press. There are....1, 2, .......15 apps listed. I'm pretty sure they're the same ones.

Albigger

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
OK, again the phone auto-updated as I posted in this thread before, post #228:http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/219692-jelly-bean-bugs-issues-10.html#post2513233 and is causing phone to hang/reboot randomly.

Just to make sure I get this resolved correctly this time, my plan is:
1. Backup apps/contacts/media/settings etc... with My Backup app (assuming it can go through without the phone rebooting). Save the backups onto a PC for safe keeping.
2. Factory reset
3. Immediately install all updates, including latest JB update
4. Copy backup back to phone and restore apps/contacts/etc... with My Backup app.

Is this the correct way to fix or are there other recommendations? Thanks. Also, by restoring with My Backup there is no chance I'll be restoring the issue causing the reboots, right? It only restores data/apps not part of the android OS though, correct?

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else have problem with loude speaker sound in calls with the nexus 4?
Even though my "in call" volume is set to lowest point it hurts my ear almost every time i answer or make a call.
But if i use my finger and move the volume to full, and then back to lowest point then the sound gets much lower!
Next time its loud again even if its on lowest setting.

Nexus 4, android 4.2.2 (same problem in 4.2.1)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

nerdy_ness

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I love my new Galaxy S3, but when it comes to music, I've had nothing but problems. First, when I tried to drag and drop music, a bunch of my files just didn't appear. So I used Windows Media Player to synchronize music instead. Same problem. I re-formatted my card and loaded some music, seemingly no problem. But last night when I loaded some newly acquired music, it would only play 2 or 3 seconds of every song, then skip to the next one. This morning, that artist doesn't even exist on my phone...... I had hoped that getting a new and fancy "smart phone" would eliminate my need to carry my ipod with me.... but apparently not.

Any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt