LED Notifications-problems after update

Hokus84

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing LED notifications not working since Jb update?? No indicators for mail, charging. etc. (yes I have them enabled in settings)

How to fix?? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I did my update yesterday and all the notification lights are working.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

epic210

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My red notification for charging and blue for messages is very dim but the green one for Facebook messages works fine. I charged it while the phone was off and the red one was bright again. Hope there a fix for this soon.

Ace829

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Mines is also really dim while charging. It's fine on the other colors, just red is having some issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

cwuuu

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I've been having the same problem! Mine doesn't seem to work at all, not even a dim led. No led during charging, missed sms or something. It's really frustrating cause I really liked that feature. The only time it turns on is when I'm turning off my phone, but once it starts back up, led is gone. I've tried factory resetting, clearing the cache, trading the battery out, but nothing seems to work..
If you find a fix, can you help me out?

Teniferman

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My LED works fine after the update but I think it is now tied to the light sensor because it is dim when there is little light and bright when there is a lot of light. It does take it a while to react though, probably about 45 seconds before it changes brightness.

Last edited:

Jus_10_Kae

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Umm... is the LED notification light for Facebook and Twitter supposed to be green? Because I thought green was only for when it was charging or fully charged. I just got the phone for Christmas, so that's why I was asking. None of my friends have it, so they weren't any help to me...

Natalie Furlong

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issue. Since the last update for my Galaxy S 3 my LED isn't working unless I'm restarting my phone. I am with T-Mobile. Are you with them as well? I am wondering if it's a network thing?

Evan Albert

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
this problem is for most samsung galaxy s3 users im having this problem as well. the only time it works for me is when i reboot my phone or get a facebook message and every once and a while it works by it self.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Evan, I wouldn't say this is for "most" s3 users. This thread, with 6 people saying they have a problem, is the only one I've seen on the forum about LED problems after the update, so it hardly seems a common issue.

When an OTA causes problems that can't be resolved in a more simply way, a factory reset seems to be the recommended solution. But I'd certainly try Evan's suggestion before a factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool