JellyBean Tips and Tricks

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
For those that have either manually downloaded JB or got the OTA. What are some tips/tricks you have noticed that differ from ICS?

1. S-Voice is WAYYYYY better.
2. Go into about "About Device" and click "Android 4.1.1" a bunch of times and JellyBeans pop up!
3. The date/time in the notification bar is on the top and looks different (and better in my opinion).
4. New camera effects.
5. Google NOW!
6. On the stock browser- run your finger up the side of the browser to zoom in and out. On Dolphin Browser it is the same as well, don't know if it's always been like that or not.
7. Pause video while recording, then continue recording and it saves it as one video.
8. Five lock screen shortcuts instead of four.
9. New folders; plus you can also put them in the App Drawer.
10. Blocking Mode.

PLEASE comment and add any cool features you have found!

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not happy that Samsung still hasnt unlocked the option to customize the notification toggles, and the fact that they stripped it down, what do they think people don't like to scroll the toggles or something.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(136244)

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not happy that Samsung still hasnt unlocked the option to customize the notification toggles, and the fact that they stripped it down, what do they think people don't like to scroll the toggles or something.

Are you on the official or a leak? I've still got all the same toggles I had on ics with the ota.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

The toggles are still scrollable. They wasnt in the leaked version. They are in the official version

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This isnt't a tip or a trick really but I noticed before that the cell standby bug is fixed! No more is it taking up 35%+ battery... it's at 6% for me now.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Have we always been able to run your finger up the side of the browser to zoom in and out? I have never noticed/known this before.

banzaiwolfe

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Have we always been able to run your finger up the side of the browser to zoom in and out? I have never noticed/known this before.

I hadn't noticed it before the update either. While it is cool to have another option, it actually bothers me a little because I tend to scroll near the edges so sometimes I end up zooming instead.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I never noticed the zoom thing but thanks for pointing it out. I think I am going to start using the stock browser more over google chrome, they seem about equal in speed and the stock browser has flash. Also, I was kind of annoyed with the Chrome card system, sometimes when just trying to scroll around a page, I would inadvertently land up on the next tab (different website).

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Adding on to the OP, after you've pressed "Android 4.1.1" and the Jellybean comes up, you can long hold the jellybean and a bunch of little ones start floating around the screen..

bonsly16

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
The Lock Screen shortcuts now support up to five applications.

Just a random note. Has anyone noticed any changes in the transition effects when scrolling through homescreen?

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
The new folders are interesting, but somehow mine are speaking each time I open and close them. And you can put folders in the App drawer.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The new folders are interesting, but somehow mine are speaking each time I open and close them. And you can put folders in the App drawer.

The speaking folders is an issue I've seen many times in these boards..it's caused by an app...I can't remember which one, maybe the launcher you're using.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy