Can't delete folders in applications

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
While looking in applications I tried out the newly added settings feature in jelly bean to organize apps in folders. But there seems to be no way how to delete a folder. When selecting uninstall it doesn't allow you to uninstall the folder. How do you delete the folder?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hold and Drag the folder into the X. It's on the top portion of the device where the notification bar would be.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
No that doesn't work. Holding and dragging it just brings it to the home screen and when you drag it up it just deletes it from the home screen but not from the applications drawer.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No that doesn't work. Holding and dragging it just brings it to the home screen and when you drag it up it just deletes it from the home screen but not from the applications drawer.

I figured it out for you. Had to use my sisters phone (she has jellybean). Open the app drawer, hit menu and tap edit. You can remove the folder that way

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

kevinx

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Geeky,

Almost 20 months later, I search regarding the same issue as the OP, I find your posting, tried your advice, and it worked!!! :)

Been trying to sort this for the past week or so, and next step was to be a call to Samsung!

Well done.

Thanks

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie