Got Jellybean, now my battery life SUCKS!

Equinsu ocha

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have not noticed any change in battery life after the update. Seems pretty decent compared to my EVO 4G with Seideo extended batt. I've been impressed that the thin factory battery lasts as long as it does.

maz 999

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Updated to jelly bean 3 days ago and my battery life is now crap.

Would it make a difference which model you have or the network?

8gb on orange network for me :-(

Wish I still had ICS

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Turn OFF Google Now feature and you battery life will go back to normal. Did for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Some people don't think it works but I have noticed a big difference.....changing the Mobile Network settings back to CDMA when not in a LTE area has helped a lot.

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has been great for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351878575923.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351878575923.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 81

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has been ridiculously good now! I did have the battery drain that many seem to be having or had but after reformatting and resetting my device, it seems that whatever corrupt files where draining the battery are no longer there. I know many of you don't want to take this route but if you are still having problems with JB, this is your best choice!

Wooga

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I turned off Google Now....got a bit better but now my Maps and Media are eating up battery. Location history is off....any ideas on eaither?

Down to 78% after 3hrs......

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been ridiculously good now! I did have the battery drain that many seem to be having or had but after reformatting and resetting my device, it seems that whatever corrupt files where draining the battery are no longer there. I know many of you don't want to take this route but if you are still having problems with JB, this is your best choice!

I'm definitely holding out hope that I don't have to do this. I just hate losing all of my progess/settings/game data. I've found that some of the battery drain seems to have gotten better as a result of disabling the Samsung Account syncing. Still above where I was, but not as bad as it had gotten. I'm also seeing a large amount on Maps and I'm assuming this is Location History as a result of Google Now. Since I want to try using this, I'm going to see how it progresses.

Wooga

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely holding out hope that I don't have to do this. I just hate losing all of my progess/settings/game data. I've found that some of the battery drain seems to have gotten better as a result of disabling the Samsung Account syncing. Still above where I was, but not as bad as it had gotten. I'm also seeing a large amount on Maps and I'm assuming this is Location History as a result of Google Now. Since I want to try using this, I'm going to see how it progresses.

I have had my Google Now and Loc History off for over a day now....Map is still eating up battery.

jscholz22

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
The first charge after the update didn't last to long,maybe 8 hours of light use. I let the battery drop down to 2% then did a reboot. Been great ever since!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok....literally searched email and went on facebook and battery is going down fast...what is this media b.s. that is eating my battery

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352033745746.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352033745746.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 75
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352033770844.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352033770844.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 75

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok....literally searched email and went on facebook and battery is going down fast...what is this media b.s. that is eating my battery

sent from my badazz sammy s3...

Try removing your media files from your phone. for a couple of days. If you are like most of us, most of your media files are on you external sd card. So just remove your external sd card for a couple of days and see if media goes down.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I suddenly (as in the last 2 days) have the Android core apps killing my battery. I had been getting a good 3 hours of screen time, and 30 hours, post Jelly Bean. It started off getting awful battery life, got good, and now blows.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just to give you guys a perspective of how your battery life should be.....last night, i charged my phone to 100% right before going to bed....went through flip board quickly and went to bed with 98% battery life.....did not charge it over night obviously....woke up with 96% battery life. This is how your battery life should be behaving on JB.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to give you guys a perspective of how your battery life should be.....last night, i charged my phone to 100% right before going to bed....went through flip board quickly and went to bed with 98% battery life.....did not charge it over night obviously....woke up with 96% battery life. This is how your battery life should be behaving on JB.

Yup exactly. I have Google Now on with location and what-not on as well (since you have to for Google Now to work), 1hr 25min of screen time on and I've gotten 1 Day 4 Hrs (28 Hrs) with still 10% left.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious, who doesn't charge their phone every night and why?? Would you go several days without charging your laptop? Why is this phone any different?!

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious, who doesn't charge their phone every night and why?? Would you go several days without charging your laptop? Why is this phone any different?!

I charge mine EVERY night! Last night, I was texting and using my phone heavily so I ran it down to 8% by 8pm so I needed to charge it. When I went to bed, it was at 100% so I didn't feel the need to leave it charging over night, ya know! I lost 2% from 2am to 10:30am! :D

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I charge mine EVERY night! Last night, I was texting and using my phone heavily so I ran it down to 8% by 8pm so I needed to charge it. When I went to bed, it was at 100% so I didn't feel the need to leave it charging over night, ya know! I lost 2% from 2am to 10:30am! :D

Well then I wasn't referring to you, goofball. I think I lose more than 2% an hour but maybe I won't charge it tonight and see.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is getting better and better day by day. Android system is the biggest hog after the screen (surface flinger). Whatever the hell that is is killing my battery life

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I dont get what the big fuss is!! Google Now and all it's features are ON.

Sent from my JellyBeaned GS3 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352061690741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352061690741.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 60