New to Android & Galaxy S3....

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I decided the other day to switch to Sprint from AT&T after 19 years with them to save some money. I went with the Samsung Galaxy S3. So far I have to have the first S3 replaced after 11 days. Now I am running into more issues with the new phone and Sprint will not do anything about it. You would think that after they replace your phone because of problems that your 14 days would start over. Well, I was wrong and very disappointed. So now I have another totally stock phone that if giving me problems and I am stuck for 2 years.

Problem 1:
My signal is so very weak. I have reset the phone 2 times and also was told to Update the PRL & Profile. Neither thing has helped. I have been all around town here and the signal rarely gets over 1 BAR. Even in the Sprint store all their phones are strong signal and mine is 1. I showed the associate and he just shrugs his shoulders.

Problem 2:
After 6 days of use, the home button is pressed WAY in. It is less than flush with the phone. The ones in the store are a bit higher than the phone.

I have no idea what to do. I am wondering if I should call Sprint customer care and see if there is anything they can do. Any suggestions? TIA!!

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I did talk to a Sprint Tech store and they ar e telling me to contact Sprint Customer Care. I guess i will try that tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
What area do you live? I flashed my S3 to cricket and I'm getting about 1.2mb down load and my service has been great. With sprint I was getting less them 500kb on down load. Portland doesn't appear to be getting LTE anytime soon so I decided to give cricket a shot and I've been pretty impressed with my S3!

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I am near the Sacramento area. I cant switch at this point since i have only been with Sprint under 30 days.

MrScarface32

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I decided the other day to switch to Sprint from AT&T after 19 years with them to save some money. I went with the Samsung Galaxy S3. So far I have to have the first S3 replaced after 11 days. Now I am running into more issues with the new phone and Sprint will not do anything about it. You would think that after they replace your phone because of problems that your 14 days would start over. Well, I was wrong and very disappointed. So now I have another totally stock phone that if giving me problems and I am stuck for 2 years.

Problem 1:
My signal is so very weak. I have reset the phone 2 times and also was told to Update the PRL & Profile. Neither thing has helped. I have been all around town here and the signal rarely gets over 1 BAR. Even in the Sprint store all their phones are strong signal and mine is 1. I showed the associate and he just shrugs his shoulders.

Problem 2:
After 6 days of use, the home button is pressed WAY in. It is less than flush with the phone. The ones in the store are a bit higher than the phone.

I have no idea what to do. I am wondering if I should call Sprint customer care and see if there is anything they can do. Any suggestions? TIA!!

I switched to sprint after being with at&t for 7 years to save money... And it was the worst mistake I could have made.
I'm back and forth between Chicago and Orlando
And when I'm in the Chicago area I get 4G but when I'm in Orlando (where I live) I barely get signal... Sprint Sucks

Gs3

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Mellimel22,

I don't see how that would help as this is the 2nd BRAND NEW Galaxy S3 that I have had since the 9th of October. It looks like it is just a Cell (3G) Reception in my area with that phone. My son has the HTC 4G LTE, we got them the same day and his works fine. If I can get Sprint to agree, I will be switching back to the iPhone.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I switched to sprint after being with at&t for 7 years to save money... And it was the worst mistake I could have made.
I'm back and forth between Chicago and Orlando
And when I'm in the Chicago area I get 4G but when I'm in Orlando (where I live) I barely get signal... Sprint Sucks

Gs3

They HAVE TO replace the phone, it is still under warranty! And if u have insurance on it.....Well. as far as no signal, that's sprint. We had them. We moved tobacco small town and they knowingly did not tell us we wouldn't get a signal so they could keep getting our money. Go in there n throw a damn fit n bring up that it's under warranty and the button thing is a defect. They have to replace it!! They're assholes!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
hell_on_heels,

Like I said in the other post, I believe it is just a phone issue as the HTC 4G works great. As far as the home button, when I was in the store they all pretty much feel the same. I am not worried as I will be going to a different phone.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
hell_on_heels,

Like I said in the other post, I believe it is just a phone issue as the HTC 4G works great. As far as the home button, when I was in the store they all pretty much feel the same. I am not worried as I will be going to a different phone.

Good. Get the same one ur son has. I just hated my hubby's gmas iphone.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mellimel22,

I don't see how that would help as this is the 2nd BRAND NEW Galaxy S3 that I have had since the 9th of October. It looks like it is just a Cell (3G) Reception in my area with that phone. My son has the HTC 4G LTE, we got them the same day and his works fine. If I can get Sprint to agree, I will be switching back to the iPhone.

I suggest you first talk to Customer Care. Believe me, there is more that they can do for you than they can in the store. They have lots of help and lots of options. I've found them to be extremely helpful. As to your signal strength, that could be your phone or it could be that you don't yet have Vision Network in your area yet. I know what people are going through with the old Sprint network, especially 3G. After Vision Network went up here, the 4G blazes and even the 3G is faster. Before you try to change phones, though, I suggest you see what Customer Care can do for you.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What do u think of the note 2? I know it's big but it's kinda like the S3 operating wise. I just couldn't bring myself to pay for ringtones n music n apps. I like to be able to customize everything on my phone right down to my keyboard and conversation list background.

ChrisLuce#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Ntchwaidumela,

Yes, that was my next step. I am just so disappointed with the whole experience so far. The damage is already done. According to both Sprint locations I have been to, my area is still over 6 months out before it is goes to LTE. I dont want to wait that long just to get better service.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
hell_on_heels,

I looked at it the other day and it's HUGE! Way bigger then my S3. I would not get that one, it wont fit in my pocket lol..

Yeah, I kinda thought that too. I wouldn't wanna carry my tablet n my pocket. Lol

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is a waste if ur not in a 4G LTE area with the devices that are available now. That's why after 10+yrs, I'm going to Vz for the release of the Note 2.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski