Since the GS3 is a LTE phone....

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Can I get 4G also or ONLY LTE?? I live in NY and travel to NYC on occasion and I know there is 4G there but no 4G LTE yet... would my phone pick up the 4G signal or no? Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Can I get 4G also or ONLY LTE?? I live in NY and travel to NYC on occasion and I know there is 4G there but no 4G LTE yet... would my phone pick up the 4G signal or no? Thanks.

If you see "4g" on the s3 that is LTE. The galaxy s3 can only get Sprint 3g or 4g LTE.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

benwilkie75@

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to set up a toggle between 3g&4g connection on sprint s3? My girlfriends 2yr old evo 4g picks up 4g but my s3 has never shown the 4g indicator lit up. I know its an auto connect...but i'd like to make it manual if possible. Or at least have that option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to set up a toggle between 3g&4g connection on sprint s3? My girlfriends 2yr old evo 4g picks up 4g but my s3 has never shown the 4g indicator lit up. I know its an auto connect...but i'd like to make it manual if possible. Or at least have that option. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance

Her evo is picking up 4g Wimax standard. Your s3 can only pick up 4g LTE from Sprint. So you will be unable to get 4g until LTE comes to your area.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

benwilkie75@

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanx alot for that answer...greatly appreciated. Im not new to androids, 3rd one..just never got so into them since i got this s3 in sept. Now i'm headfirst and havin alotta fun gettin into to the whole lot of it. Just found out exactly what you told me today at the sprint store. Its kool tho cuz im learning new things constantly about all of this stuff. I would still really like to know if there is way to set up a toggle for that tho. And i havent got my jb update..but im sure they didnt fix that tho. If you or anyone has found out tho..im all ears(or eyes..or whatever:)) thanx mucho!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanx alot for that answer...greatly appreciated. Im not new to androids, 3rd one..just never got so into them since i got this s3 in sept. Now i'm headfirst and havin alotta fun gettin into to the whole lot of it. Just found out exactly what you told me today at the sprint store. Its kool tho cuz im learning new things constantly about all of this stuff. I would still really like to know if there is way to set up a toggle for that tho. And i havent got my jb update..but im sure they didnt fix that tho. If you or anyone has found out tho..im all ears(or eyes..or whatever:)) thanx mucho!!

There is no way to set up a toggle for 4g right now and probably never will.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanx ape...brutally honest but straight from the hip...i can dig. So root maybe then custom ROM? Thot i read that maybe in one of these forums? Thanx again for the help

Lol... Sorry for being so blunt. But being that it requires a reboot with our phone, I doubt we will see a toggle. It would be kind of pointless. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835