My S 3 got the update, but i backed out and can't find it anymore.

Unctrublu1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
My phone had a notification of an update this morning. I was getting ready to leave and not be in wifi so i backed out. Now i can't find the update. i tried settings *update Samsung software *update profile *update firmware and *update prl. Nothing. I even restarted my phone. How do i get back to the update to install it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I believe you find the 'Google systems framework' application under settings/application then clear the data. Recheck for the update and it should work.

Not 100% sure that's the right app though.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got the notification and clicked on what I thought was the install. That took me to a web page with details on installing, etc. but I did not find a link to actually install.

There was one that told me how to install if I downloaded the package but wanted to detly but those instructions said to go to Settings | About Phone | Software Information but I do not have the About Phone option on my phone. In any event, it did not download the package to start with.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I believe you find the 'Google systems framework' application under settings/application then clear the data. Recheck for the update and it should work.

Not 100% sure that's the right app though.

Found same advice on a Sprint Forum Applications Manager -> Select all from Tab at top then -> Google Services Framework -> Clear data. Once that is finished go back to System Update -> Update Samsung Software and use the "Check now" button to look for the update. You may have to repeat the process a few times,...

This worked to download the update to my wife's phone but did not work on mine.

I then called Sprint and they had three suggestions: wait until it shows up again (could be weeks), do a hard reset of the phone (and reinstall everything) or go to a Sprint Store and see if they could do it. I assume that the Sprint store will download the update to the phone via a computer and then run it.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Found same advice on a Sprint Forum Applications Manager -> Select all from Tab at top then -> Google Services Framework -> Clear data. Once that is finished go back to System Update -> Update Samsung Software and use the "Check now" button to look for the update. You may have to repeat the process a few times,...

This worked to download the update to my wife's phone but did not work on mine.

I then called Sprint and they had three suggestions: wait until it shows up again (could be weeks), do a hard reset of the phone (and reinstall everything) or go to a Sprint Store and see if they could do it. I assume that the Sprint store will download the update to the phone via a computer and then run it.

What you guys are seeing is a notification telling you an update is coming. It's not the update. That's why it is sending people to the website for more information. Even people who have already gotten the update are receiving it.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I received that too so we have to wait, the actual update will come I guess or I will call a store to see if they can do it or something

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante