Please help.........

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok I know this has been a big topic of discussion, but its killing me. Wyen I first got my S3 battery life was horrible. If I got 10 hours it was a miracle. I changed a bunch of settings and sync options and I was able to get the most 22 hours. I was stoked. In love more like it.

Now I get JellyBean almost 2 weeks ago OTA and again back to 7 or 8 hours. I went back and redid all my sync options disabled google now let the battery fully drain and re harge for 2 weeks now. Everything short of factory reset. I took the phone off the charger this morning at 100%. Now an hour later I'm at 73% and ill I have done was surf the net and check facebook. Battery usage says screen 75% time on 1hr 13 min.

I don't play games rarely play music stock roms all that fancy stuff. Nothing modified. Just normal net surf and email.... how do I fix this? If I do factory reset won't I lose all my contacts and the few apps I did download?

pPLEASE HELP!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Your contacts are synced to your Google (gmail) account linked to the phone. You can however export your contacts to file just as an added precaution. Should be an option from within contacts settings to do so. Importing them back is just the reversal.

Downloaded apps you will have to re download. To make it easier you can log into your account from desktop to Google Play Store and you can see all your previously installed apps and select which ones to have installed back to your device. Paid apps included.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I know this has been a big topic of discussion, but its killing me. Wyen I first got my S3 battery life was horrible. If I got 10 hours it was a miracle. I changed a bunch of settings and sync options and I was able to get the most 22 hours. I was stoked. In love more like it.

Now I get JellyBean almost 2 weeks ago OTA and again back to 7 or 8 hours. I went back and redid all my sync options disabled google now let the battery fully drain and re harge for 2 weeks now. Everything short of factory reset. I took the phone off the charger this morning at 100%. Now an hour later I'm at 73% and ill I have done was surf the net and check facebook. Battery usage says screen 75% time on 1hr 13 min.

I don't play games rarely play music stock roms all that fancy stuff. Nothing modified. Just normal net surf and email.... how do I fix this? If I do factory reset won't I lose all my contacts and the few apps I did download?

pPLEASE HELP!!

Facebook is a battery hog. Try Friendcaster. That's the first problem I see. 10 hours on this phone is not horrible, by the way.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would agree that the Facebook app sucks and is a battery drain. I always log out and close the app so it's not sitting in the background trying to do stuff.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the facebook app. I deleted it awhile ago. I just go to the site to check. And 10 hrs is horrible if a week ago I was getting almost 24 hrs.....

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the facebook app. I deleted it awhile ago. I just go to the site to check. And 10 hrs is horrible if a week ago I was getting almost 24 hrs.....

I get 24 hours if my phone is is powered off for 12 of those. lol I don't know what you were or weren't doing a week ago, but seriously, 24 hours had to be with very little use.

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Again I might use my phone 2 hours a day total for web surfing checking emails etc. Other than that it sits in my pocket waiting to ring or waiting to call somebody. I use it very rarely which is why 12 hours is bogus. And now that I think of it about 4 hours I'm home with wifi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance