Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, you can either use the stock one that came with the phone....but it's already on the home screen. If that's not the one you want, delete it by tapping and holding and slide up to the trash can icon.

Download a weather widget. After it's installed, tap the bottom right icon (apps icon, bunch of little squares.) On the top of the screen there's two options, Apps and Widgets. Tap widgets. Scroll through till you find the weather widget you want. Tap and hold widget. It will show you the home screen and slide the widget to the screen and let go. The widget will now be on your home screen.

rgc1042

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Think I must have inadvertently deleted the pre-installed widget and now when I try to set it back up on my home screen it only stays until I turn the phone off. The next time I turn the phone on, the widget is gone. Anyone know how to pin the widget permanently to the home screen. Thanks from an Android newbie.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Think I must have inadvertently deleted the pre-installed widget and now when I try to set it back up on my home screen it only stays until I turn the phone off. The next time I turn the phone on, the widget is gone. Anyone know how to pin the widget permanently to the home screen. Thanks from an Android newbie.

Actually you may not have deleted it. Have you installed another launcher like Nova or go launcher?

The stock weather widget is only available when touchwiz is set as the launcher.

rgc1042

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. No new launcher (that I know of). How can I check to see what launcher is running? I am a real newbie, how do I set touchwiz as the launcher?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37