oh no!! stupid contacts

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My contact pictures are not working right at all. Idk what to do. I am trying to set a picture that i took with my gs3 as a contact picture, but it does not work right. It uses the picture that i have set from my own number info. The word part is i don't even have that picture on my phone any longer. I deleted it after it kept happening to three different contacts. But i try to use a picture, even a picture i downloaded from chrome, and it still uses that picture that no longer exists!!

HELP! Please?

I already rebooted, wiped cache, force closed, battery pull, blah blah, so please no bad advice. Thx

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
My contact pictures are not working right at all. Idk what to do. I am trying to set a picture that i took with my gs3 as a contact picture, but it does not work right. It uses the picture that i have set from my own number info. The word part is i don't even have that picture on my phone any longer. I deleted it after it kept happening to three different contacts. But i try to use a picture, even a picture i downloaded from chrome, and it still uses that picture that no longer exists!!

HELP! Please?

I already rebooted, wiped cache, force closed, battery pull, blah blah, so please no bad advice. Thx

If you don't want advice, don't whine and don't bother us here. Go buy an apple and have fun.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

HELP! Please?

It's because it's syncing to your google account. When syncing, it doesn't matter what pic you use as a contact pic, it will always default to what you have on google and replace the one on yur phone. I think it sucks that it does this but it does.

Just go into your sync settings and find your google account. Tap it and uncheck contact syncing. Now replace the contact pic with the one you want. That will fix your problem.

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It's because it's syncing to your google account. When syncing, it doesn't matter what pic you use as a contact pic, it will always default to what you have on google and replace the one on yur phone. I think it sucks that it does this but it does.

Just go into your sync settings and find your google account. Tap it and uncheck contact syncing. Now replace the contact pic with the one you want. That will fix your problem.

I unchecked Google sync and i rebooted and tried to use a picture, but still the same result. Earlier i did a wipe of the cache and the phone only to end up with the same result after i restored my nand backup.

mandujar1

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the problem too for a while and me or anybody seems to have a fix. i tried wiping everything to factory, still can't set the pics i want. a stupid pic that i deleted off my phone keeps popping up. please help.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Even after a wipe and it still displays a pic that either you never set or a different pic altogether means the phone is sycing to an account that got backed up and resyncing. This could be google, samsung sync, picasa, facebook, etc. Figure out where that pic got stored and unsync that account.

Also, make sure you click "save" after you set the pic as it doesn't auto save if you just back out. I've seen this happen so many times :)