Do you use your phone with maximum/near max BRIGHTNESS?

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I tend to find anything over than half way to be good, but overkill, IMO. So I usually leave it on auto or if I am at work and have it in my locker, I put the display all the way down.

What do you guys generally have yours set at?

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have mine on automatic but sometimes it gets hard to see when its on automatic like if i'm outside it might be hard to see so I just put it all the way up if I have too.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I normally find on any device usually about 25% brightness unless outside then you have to crank it up.

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Have it on auto.

Seems the screen now gets brighter when the surrounding light is very bright as opposed to dimming like it did when it was first released

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Certain screens were getting dark with auto (Internet for one) so I switched to 75-80%. That works just about right for me with no noticable battery drain at all.

Damitux

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I use Lux auto brighness. you can find a free and paid versions in the Play store.
What I like about it is that it take the available light around you and adjusts you screen to give the best view.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Lux auto brighness. you can find a free and paid versions in the Play store.
What I like about it is that it take the available light around you and adjusts you screen to give the best view.

but isnt that feature already built in to the phone? we have an ambient light sensor

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
The only time I ever change my brightness is when I head outside during the day.. Other than that, I am perfectly comfortable with auto-brightness off and the slider all the way down..