Sprint isn't worth the money (Rant Forewarned)

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you have to talked to CS right? But for all intents and purposes....how much are you paying and how much does it fluctuate?

I don't have them any more but they kept saying the local taxes and fees kept changing and said to blame my local govt. Then was told because i went to the next county over i got hit with their taxes as well, even though i didn't make a call there

I just don't buy that

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just because you took over your own bills doesnt mean you had to leave sprint.
Thats like saying your mom let you drive the mini van but now that you moved out you can never drive a mini van and must get a truck. If your paying your own bills you can go with what ever carrier you want. It also helps us to provide us with more info so we can put that into the correct context. By simply telling us you were happy with ATT and left them we dont know you left because you were taken off your parents bill and started to pay your own stuff. Thats a valid reason to leave but with out knowing that its easy for me to guess that you left for any number of reasons. Or in my case wonder why you left at all.
I also stand by my comment about you having no service at your apartment and always roaming. I am thinking, hoping, you have learned a valuable lesson in life. When it comes to sales people they can and sometimes do have a tendency to stretch the truth. Was this a Sprint Corporate store, 3rd party, online, telesales, some guy on craigslist selling sprint service, radio shack, best buy?
The level of info people tell you is often reflected in the organization they work for and are directly trained with. I used to manage a 3rd party Nextel Service Center and i was on top of our training. But i heard so many stories from my customers about how other places similar to ours were clue less. I find that corporate stores tend to have the best trained people but they also cant bend any rules what so ever. So its a give and take. I know if i was testing a device for a new carrier and if one of the 2 places i spend most of my time, work or home, had bad, poor or no signal i wouldnt stick with that carrier.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I got out of this is the service didn't suddenly get bad on day 21 when you were "trying" to return it. At home you would have known immediately it didn't meet your needs. Maybe I'm missing something but it's just not clear why it took you 3 weeks instead of let's say 48 hrs.

What does seem clear is you were going to use the phone for a month then just cancel anyway in 30 days.

Sent from my WHITE S'NOTE using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
30 days? I thought it was 14...after that, you're locked??

Your correct. I think the only way you get beyond the 14 day return window (if you purchased thru Sprint) is to buy thru Best Buy which has a 30 day return window policy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just because you took over your own bills doesnt mean you had to leave sprint.
Thats like saying your mom let you drive the mini van but now that you moved out you can never drive a mini van and must get a truck. If your paying your own bills you can go with what ever carrier you want. It also helps us to provide us with more info so we can put that into the correct context. By simply telling us you were happy with ATT and left them we dont know you left because you were taken off your parents bill and started to pay your own stuff. Thats a valid reason to leave but with out knowing that its easy for me to guess that you left for any number of reasons. Or in my case wonder why you left at all.
I also stand by my comment about you having no service at your apartment and always roaming. I am thinking, hoping, you have learned a valuable lesson in life. When it comes to sales people they can and sometimes do have a tendency to stretch the truth. Was this a Sprint Corporate store, 3rd party, online, telesales, some guy on craigslist selling sprint service, radio shack, best buy?
The level of info people tell you is often reflected in the organization they work for and are directly trained with. I used to manage a 3rd party Nextel Service Center and i was on top of our training. But i heard so many stories from my customers about how other places similar to ours were clue less. I find that corporate stores tend to have the best trained people but they also cant bend any rules what so ever. So its a give and take. I know if i was testing a device for a new carrier and if one of the 2 places i spend most of my time, work or home, had bad, poor or no signal i wouldnt stick with that carrier.

Yes, I guess you can say I learned a lesson that I need to make sure and read the policy for myself next time. I think the fact that I can use my wifi is part of the reason that I don't mind the phone at my apartment. Now as far as stretching the truth, the LTE should prove you exactly wrong. Go look at the LTE map for Sprint, go ahead and test said current map over Dallas. I can promise more than 80% of the map is false. In fact a Sprint employee told me that and I quote here, "I show you having perfect 4G in your area." but that's odd because the Sprint store I went to down the street says they have yet to see 4G? Seems pretty far fetched from the truth in my opinion. Yes I went to a authorized retailer, the employee did say he was from a different store at the time I bought the phones. I've never said I wasn't going to move back to AT&T it's more of a quote like this.... lol.

"my mom drives a lamborghini, she let me use it for a while, then when I started taking over my bills she told me time for a new car that I can afford. Well, being that I am on a budget and paying for everything else the Lambo wasn't affordable so I tried the gas guzzler truck, and now I'm stuck in the mud with 2 wheel drive because the front differential is broken and doesn't work, but don't worry it's being fixed." they advertised unlimited everything. Now I know why everything is unlimited lol because I'm paying more money than I can get use out of. as far as rooting. I can't wait lol I need to find a download for a mac. because I am only going to roam when I get in my apartment. I'm going to tell them all my phone does is roam at my apartment and I don't want those dumb boxes unless they work on the supposidly 4G network. Sure the network might be the best in the next 5 years because the deal doesn't get completed until Mid 2013. doesn't matter how much band they recieve from any of those companies it's how fast they can convert the technology on exsisting towers and how has that gone? lol not very good as many can tell. 4G speeds compared to Verizon and AT&T? lol I feel like some people don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Last edited:

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I guess you can say I learned a lesson that I need to make sure and read the policy for myself next time. I think the fact that I can use my wifi is part of the reason that I don't mind the phone at my apartment. Now as far as stretching the truth, the LTE should prove you exactly wrong. Go look at the LTE map for Sprint, go ahead and test said current map over Dallas. I can promise more than 80% of the map is false. In fact a Sprint employee told me that and I quote here, "I show you having perfect 4G in your area." but that's odd because the Sprint store I went to down the street says they have yet to see 4G? Seems pretty far fetched from the truth in my opinion. Yes I went to a authorized retailer, the employee did say he was from a different store at the time I bought the phones. I've never said I wasn't going to move back to AT&T it's more of a quote like this.... lol.

"my mom drives a lamborghini, she let me use it for a while, then when I started taking over my bills she told me time for a new car that I can afford. Well, being that I am on a budget and paying for everything else the Lambo wasn't affordable so I tried the gas guzzler truck, and now I'm stuck in the mud with 2 wheel drive because the front differential is broken and doesn't work, but don't worry it's being fixed." they advertised unlimited everything. Now I know why everything is unlimited lol because I'm paying more money than I can get use out of. as far as rooting. I can't wait lol I need to find a download for a mac. because I am only going to roam when I get in my apartment. I'm going to tell them all my phone does is roam at my apartment and I don't want those dumb boxes unless they work on the supposidly 4G network. Sure the network might be the best in the next 5 years because the deal doesn't get completed until Mid 2013. doesn't matter how much band they recieve from any of those companies it's how fast they can convert the technology on exsisting towers and how has that gone? lol not very good as many can tell. 4G speeds compared to Verizon and AT&T? lol I feel like some people don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

Why are you looking at the Sprint map instead of the Sensorly map. It will give you a better idea of LTE coverage in the Dallas area. Sensorly.com and selct Sprint 4G

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have 6 phones on my Sprint unlimited everything and Bill is the same every month and in fact it was reduced a little. And if everyone would be Patient, as it's said, Good Things come to those who wait, it is going to make all the Switchers away from sprint regret big time.
Sprint has Controlling shares of Clearwire and with Softbank putting just over $8 Billion Dollars on the LTE Network and the Comments from the other Carriers, Sprint is and will be Bigger then all the other guys, and Sprint Honestly has been the First to have any and all new to the Cell Business, 3g, 4g and too many to list.
The Wealthiest Man to build the Biggest Cell company in Japan etc will have no other Goal but the same or Better with Sprint.

Yep, Sprint is set, even after posting losses of subscribers. Sprint will be bigger? maybe if you add the subscribers from the two carriers combined. which is really a refelction for Softbank not Sprint. And across the world it would only be the 3rd largest still trailing Verizon and some other China Company.. as far as the United States it doesn't help their chances maybe they can roll out more of their network but still would be trailing Verizon and AT&T in coverage.

"On October 14, 2012, it was announced that the Japanese telecommunications company SoftBank will purchase 70% of Sprint Nextel Corporation for $20.1 billion.[1] SoftBank says Sprint will remain a separate entity and it will not switch Sprint from CDMA to GSM and will continue their plans to make Sprint an all-LTE carrier by 2017.[11] The deal is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2013"

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Why are you looking at the Sprint map instead of the Sensorly map. It will give you a better idea of LTE coverage in the Dallas area. Sensorly.com and selct Sprint 4G

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Because of what was previously quoted that Sprint "Stretches the truth" So using Sprint's map would prove them to be a little more than "stretching the truth"

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If your honestly as mad as you seem in posts you can do two things to get rid of service.

Try the roam force and let them boot you so you can go elsewhere or..

Simply cancel and pay the ETF. It might take a month or two to save for the ETF.. Everyone is different... But when att pulled the "oh we give unlimited to you still but throttle you hard core after 3GB" thing I left instantly. I had been with them so long and that's the plan I was always on before they even talked about tiered plans and then they pulled that stunt.. So i left the first time they throttled.

Just depends on how much you hate the carrier on what you want to do. Since you said budget I'd say use option 1 and get booted for roaming. :beer:;)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And FYI the sprint map is what the coverage is gonna be once ALL the towers are working like bro said download sensorly much better map data

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Really?

Seriously? If you want to rant at someone, find a mirror. The state of Sprint's LTE network is well known. Even 5 minutes on this forum, or any other phone forum, would have told you that.

The 14 day return policy is noted on their web site, and on the contract you got when you bought the phone. Do you pay attention to what you're signing?

You didn't do even the bare minimum of research before you spent your money. I think I know where the finger should be pointed.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Really?

Seriously? If you want to rant at someone, find a mirror. The state of Sprint's LTE network is well known. Even 5 minutes on this forum, or any other phone forum, would have told you that.

The 14 day return policy is noted on their web site, and on the contract you got when you bought the phone. Do you pay attention to what you're signing?

You didn't do even the bare minimum of research before you spent your money. I think I know where the finger should be pointed.

Not only that, if you do some research, you'll find a GREAT website from one of our Android Central members, the site is S4GRU.com (which stands for (S)print 4G (R)ollout (U)pdates)...
This site I mention is COMPLETELY devoted to everything 4G LTE for Sprint. Rollout for cities, sightings of 4G from USERS, not Sprint's maps...where it works great, where it doesn't...

No one held my hand and led me to that site...I found it on my own by doing a little searching...and it's a GREAT resource for ANYONE who's in the Sprint footprint.

Like me, I just noticed that my phone has started using eHRPD ....so maybe it won't be long before I see the 4G LTE light up around here...but all it takes is looking around.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Really?

Not only that, if you do some research, you'll find a GREAT website from one of our Android Central members, the site is S4GRU.com (which stands for (S)print 4G (R)ollout (U)pdates)...
This site I mention is COMPLETELY devoted to everything 4G LTE for Sprint. Rollout for cities, sightings of 4G from USERS, not Sprint's maps...where it works great, where it doesn't...

No one held my hand and led me to that site...I found it on my own by doing a little searching...and it's a GREAT resource for ANYONE who's in the Sprint footprint.

Like me, I just noticed that my phone has started using eHRPD ....so maybe it won't be long before I see the 4G LTE light up around here...but all it takes is looking around.
Yes I can contest to this site. It gave me a great insight to what was going on with the Network Vision upgrade in the Chicagoland area and details to some of the headaches we experienced during the start of the upgrade process that Sprint refused to comment on when asked.

I can say now officially launched in Chicago market (roughly 50% finished) LTE is nice but don't be expecting anywhere near what Verizon or AT &T might be pushing out in terms of speed. In early testing days of the towers it was common to see speeds of 20-30 mbps downloads using Speedtest. Now that its official and fellow Sprint customers have started to load up the network it seems an average LTE speed in the same areas as test speeds were taken I'm getting 5-7 mbps.. Sure its a far cry from the dismal 3g speeds that Sprint offers but its nowhere near what I was hoping to see from LTE. I'm not giving up hope that before the market is finished here in Chicago they will turn up the juice and push out better speeds for everyone after some fine tuning of the network bandwidth handling.

+1 on the Sensorly app. This is an awesome little tool and I recommend others use it to help map out the LTE coverage in your area once they start to flip the switch.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be an open letter to SoftBank with a business case laid out to drop the purchase.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I can contest to this site. It gave me a great insight to what was going on with the Network Vision upgrade in the Chicagoland area and details to some of the headaches we experienced during the start of the upgrade process that Sprint refused to comment on when asked.

I am experiencing this now. Jacksonville just started to finally be worked on and I've noticed my 3g has been having a ton of issues. It's slower than normal and it seems to hang sometimes where it just doesn't want to load. Also I've had random dropped calls when I never had them before (or well not never but rare).

Oh well though... I'll take it since it means they are working on the network. I'll also take the 5-7 Mbit... The speed that att has would be nice but I don't mind Sprint's since it's unlimited and I would be paying overages with att. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing this now. Jacksonville just started to finally be worked on and I've noticed my 3g has been having a ton of issues. It's slower than normal and it seems to hang sometimes where it just doesn't want to load. Also I've had random dropped calls when I never had them before (or well not never but rare).

Oh well though... I'll take it since it means they are working on the network. I'll also take the 5-7 Mbit... The speed that att has would be nice but I don't mind Sprint's since it's unlimited and I would be paying overages with att. :)

Ahh the dropped calls.. Yep that is a product of the switching and testing of the equipment. It has to do with the handoff of signals from the older equipment to the newer equipment. As they get further along in the upgrade this will become less of an issue.

If it gets too bad don't be shy about calling Sprint. They were very good to most that called in to complain in the Chicago market and gave out billing credits/discounts.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ahh the dropped calls.. Yep that is a product of the switching and testing of the equipment. It has to do with the handoff of signals from the older equipment to the newer equipment. As they get further along in the upgrade this will become less of an issue.

If it gets too bad don't be shy about calling Sprint. They were very good to most that called in to complain in the Chicago market and gave out billing credits/discounts.

That sounds like a good idea. If it gets worse ill call. I can say I get at least 1-2 a day (dropped calls). If it gets worse ill see if I snag a credit :).