Galaxy S3: deleting a home screen - touchwiz crashes

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I keep trying to delete a home screen by hitting menu, edit page and moving the page to the trash. Touchwiz continues to crash by doing this and I can't get rid of the home screens.

Is there another way to do this?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: deleting a home screen - touchwiz crashes

If you pinch on any of the homescreens, they all appear in one screen, then you can drag whatever screen you want into the trashcan at the bottom..

Cucu Mihail

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

same problem on my phone... don't kknow what is causing it. started after the update to jelly bean, maybe the touchwiz is not really polished with the new version of android....can't wait for the next update!!!

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Same here right after the update but now I have three blank screens and can't get rid of them. Very annoying.

cbass6411

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

My TouchWiz is fine running 4.1, have you tried clearing the data from it? Settings> Application Manager> All> TouchWiz Home> Clear Data. Let me know ;)

jmuscag

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

Go to the developer options under settings, and change the animations to 10x. it will be slow, but go back and it should delete the extra pages. After change them back.
Dont know why or how, but it worked for me.

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Wow, great tip. That bug has been driving me crazy since JB with no good advice avaailable!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

mecampo

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

post #9 worked for me but i only set animations to 1.x ... thanks

edit: .5x will work as well, oh and be sure to change on all animations

xaml

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

I am on a I9305 running 4.1.2 and I cannot verify the animation increase or the other post stating to turn the developer options off, it's the three animation options which need to be turned off. This needs to be reported to Samsung, as I don't think these crashes are reported back. Could anyone link me to a respective feedback possibility?

kgradney

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi All!

I changed the "window animation scale" to 10x but issue remained. I figured I'd change all the various animation scale settings to "off" and WOILA!!! issue resolved. I then went back into the developer options and was able to change the various animation scale settings without TW crashing. Hope this helps.

Thx 4 da tip & thx 2 all 4 contributing!

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Dear Mr. Advisor,

It cleared the date in TouchWiz Home, all my settings for home screen were lost, THANKS to you. Samsung SUCKS in this matter, they don't have a system (at least I couldn't find one) to get feedback from end-users!!!!

Thanks anyway &
Regards,

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Dear Mr. Advisor,
It cleared the date in TouchWiz Home, all my settings for home screen were lost, THANKS to you. Samsung SUCKS in this matter, they don't have a system (at least I couldn't find one) to get feedback from end-users!!!!

Seriously? You come in here, don't ask a question, and follow the advice given to someone else, and then complain? Did you try any of the other options first? The advice you're referring to was given to someone who had tried the other options and found they didn't work. And I'm not sure who you think is "Mr. Advisor." Everyone here is just a Samsung user, trying to help other users. There are no official support people here.

As for providing feedback to Samsung, they have a Facebook page that they monitor and respond to questions on, and a tech support option on their web site (the US one, at least).

Finally, so your settings were lost. If it resolved the problem you were having (which you haven't yet described) it's hardly the end of the world, you can rebuilt the screens in probably 15 minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma