WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

jpearley02

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
just got my new samsung galaxy s3 and this is awesome...works like a charm on first attempt. i even went back and enabled encryption once i knew the basic setup worked...and voila i have secure wi-fi tethering. thank you for this!

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My WIFI tether works on a Sprint Galaxy S3, thanks to Skunkape60 and everyone else here. My problem is my wifi is disconnecting every 15 minutes. Its getting old having to reconnect it so often. Its always around the 14-15 minute mark. Has anyone seen this happen? if so is there a fix?

zmci74

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks bro worked gret with Samsung Note2:cool:

Was told this is working with JellyBean. Of course you will need to be rooted. I chose Galaxy S3 and this post was made from my work computer tethered to my JellyBean powered GS3. Give it a try and let me know if you like it.

WiFi Tether Updated link to newest version version on 12/01/2012

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
My WIFI tether works on a Sprint Galaxy S3, thanks to Skunkape60 and everyone else here. My problem is my wifi is disconnecting every 15 minutes. Its getting old having to reconnect it so often. Its always around the 14-15 minute mark. Has anyone seen this happen? if so is there a fix?

I am having similar issues. It works very intermittently. I noticed speeds are slow too. Not always. Just tonight when I'm trying to stream the football game! I miss ICS. I hate you jellybean. big deal, I can lay down in my bed and the screen doesn't annoyingly turn on me. UGH.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I am having similar issues. It works very intermittently. I noticed speeds are slow too. Not always. Just tonight when I'm trying to stream the football game! I miss ICS. I hate you jellybean. big deal, I can lay down in my bed and the screen doesn't annoyingly turn on me. UGH.
Streaming a football game on your Sprint connection? You are braver than I sir...there's no way in heaven I could ever do that on Sprint over here in southern NH.

dscatto

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
SkunkApe

You show the link as being updated as of Dec 1, but when I click the link & download the file, it says 11/22 & it's not the reloaded version. Is this newer than the reloaded version? I just want to make sure I have the latest. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
SkunkApe

You show the link as being updated as of Dec 1, but when I click the link & download the file, it says 11/22 & it's not the reloaded version. Is this newer than the reloaded version? I just want to make sure I have the latest. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The date shown is the date I updated the link. At the time it was the newest version. There is a link in this thread for support. You can follow that link and see if there is a newer version. I will look this evening when I get off work. If I find there is a newer release, I will update the op.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The date shown is the date I updated the link. At the time it was the newest version. There is a link in this thread for support. You can follow that link and see if there is a newer version. I will look this evening when I get off work. If I find there is a newer release, I will update the op.

This is the most recent version. It should have the driver reload. Look in the settings and select driver reload.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I researched and found the fix. Turn off Connection Optimizer

cb1231

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I have to restart to regain the ability to toggle the wifi back on.

GS3
Flashed - LJ_update_FULL_Odex via ROM Manager
Installed - WifiTether/TrevE Mod
Installed - SuperSU (which finally got me tethering)

I can tether with or without encryption, change the SSID, and profile. WIFI is disabled when I close and I cannot toggle it back on. I have tried manually shutting it off prior to tether - same result. Force closing the program does not help. Not sure what I can do to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?
thanks to all of you who developed this. i too have the same problem. the wifi won't toggle back on after disconnecting tether. i didn't see any answer to this so i was hoping someone found a fix. thanks again

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
thanks to all of you who developed this. i too have the same problem. the wifi won't toggle back on after disconnecting tether. i didn't see any answer to this so i was hoping someone found a fix. thanks again
Which version of the app are you using - 11/22?

Swyped from my SPH-L710

cb1231

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Version: 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized*** is what shows but it was what downloaded from link i used on Skunk's update link. i am only mildly techy and need use of explanantions in baby terms. thanks

SeaMonster

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yay, I got this to work. But I had to do a few gyrations so I'll share here.

• My GS3 is stock and only rooted with custom recovery. No other changes. (I did NOT change from odex to deodex.)
  • I downloaded WiFi Tether from its main google code page and I have "3.3-pre2 ***EXPERIMENTAL***"
    • NOTE: This is NOT version 3.2 which the previous poster has. 3.2 is from August. You want 3.3-pre2 from Nov 26. Go to the downloads page.
  • I set the Device-Profile to "Samsung Galaxy S3"
  • I left Setup-Method at "Auto"
  • I changed the SSID to one with a space in it. That didn't work. It allows spaces, but won't work right with them. With the space, other hosts couldn't even see me. I took out the space and then my SSID could be seen.
  • I found "WiFi-driver reload" checked and "WiFi-driver reload 2" unchecked. I had to check both. Without reload 2, I had to reboot my GS3 in order to get WiFi back after using WiFi Tether. If you can't re-enable normal WiFi after using WiFi Tether, then enable reload 2.
  • I had to check "Send Netd Max Client Cmd", otherwise clients would try to connect but fail.
  • I did NOT enable access control.
  • After everything else was working, I went back and enabled encryption and a passphrase and that works great.

I am very happily able to tether now. I am at home where 3G is slow so I haven't checked throughput in a valid test. I'll post an update if I need any other changes for better throughput.

I am posting this from a Windows 7 box over tethered WiFi while my Moto Xoom is also tethered.

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
mrhankeypank,

well done good sir. my connection speeds are a lot faster so far on the computer. should have no trouble watching the broncos game tomorrow. i'll report back with an update tomorrow on how it's working. testing on netflix and pandora now...

I researched and found the fix. Turn off Connection Optimizer