WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I googled it and found the page you are referring to and installed that one and am replying tethered though my G3. Now I'll turn it off and see if I can return to wifi.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have been fighting this app for a bit and I stumbled onto something.

First uninstall the app. Then reinstall it, but do not start tethering. Go into the settings, set your device profile. Set your SSID. set your encryption if you are going to use it. then start the wireless tether. Every time I started to tether before changing the settings, it did not work. I could not even seen the SSID. After uninstalling, and changing the settings before starting to tether, it worked just fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what a nandroid is, but I can download and install SuperSU, not sure if that is wise, and then uninstall Superuser. Just not sure if that would damage the system.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That would work too.

Swyped from my SPH-L710

You don't even need to remove superuser. Go to the play store install SuperSU.

If you listen to these guys you're going to lose root. You have to be rooted to install SuperSU from the play store. I'd you remove superuser first you won't be rooted and you won't be able to install.SuperSU.

Again you don't have to do anything but install SuperSU. After you install SuperSU, you can install superuser by going to system/apps and deleting the superuser.apk or by deleting it with titanium backup.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
You don't even need to remove superuser. Go to the play store install SuperSU.

If you listen to these guys you're going to lose root. You have to be rooted to install SuperSU from the play store. I'd you remove superuser first you won't be rooted and you won't be able to install.SuperSU.

Again you don't have to do anything but install SuperSU. After you install SuperSU, you can install superuser by going to system/apps and deleting the superuser.apk or by deleting it with titanium backup.
Thanks I trust your advice, I don't know how to delete the apk because I can't find it. Do I need an app to see system files?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I trust your advice, I don't know how to delete the apk because I can't find it. Do I need an app to see system files?

Yes, superuser is in the system/apps folder. Just install the free version of titanium backup from the playstore and remove it that way. Very easy.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, superuser is in the system/apps folder. Just install the free version of titanium backup from the playstore and remove it that way. Very easy.
You are going to think I am a dumb ass, I got both apps and when I run Titanium I don't see any Superuser in the list, backup/restore. Can it be in uninstalled or should it be deleted? I don't see either Superuser, the new one or the one that came with root.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You are going to think I am a dumb ass, I got both apps and when I run Titanium I don't see any Superuser in the list, backup/restore. Can it be in uninstalled or should it be deleted? I don't see either Superuser, the new one or the one that came with root.

Superuser can just be deleted from system/app folder. No problem....

You are correct about it not showing in titanium backup. I never noticed that before....

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
try a different version... I''ve had the same problem.

i was scouring the internet in search for an answer and when a read skunkape's post about having to flash a deoxed version i got very heartbroken...here goes another hour of BS blah blah blah

I've tried everything from foxfi to wifi tether and here's the solution i came upon!

Firstly, the problem: I would setup and everything and I can even see it on my wifi find list but it would never successfully connect. After a hour of just raw rawr hate this bs, i downloaded the version right under (wifi tether v3 3-pre1.apk) instad of the one above.

After installing, everything works smoothly like butter. it's all good now.

try downloading a different version, set it up and baaaooooom, you'll see the access control asking for permish and grant it and you'll be flying wifi.

awesome.

Ok, my previous idea did not work all that well. It would connect for 30 seconds to 2 minutes then disconnect. So I tried installing Supersu instead of super user and used wifi tether v 3.3 pre2 and so far so good. I am tethering with no drop.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk HD

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, my previous idea did not work all that well. It would connect for 30 seconds to 2 minutes then disconnect. So I tried installing Supersu instead of super user and used wifi tether v 3.3 pre2 and so far so good. I am tethering with no drop.

How many times did you have to read it before finally installing SuperSI. It must be on every page of the thread. :D

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
How many times did you have to read it before finally installing SuperSI. It must be on every page of the thread. :D

I honestly did not think it mattered and super user would not uninstall. I ended up installing Supersu then blocking Superuser.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I honestly did not think it mattered and super user would not uninstall. I ended up installing Supersu then blocking Superuser.

You didn't really have to uninstall or block superuser. The 2 can live together quite happily.