Media Server using battery

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Over the past couple of days, the media server has been using up a good portion of the battery to the point where I am getting 4-5 hours instead of an average of 12. I am using Pandora, but that shows up as a separate entry for what's using the battery. What application could I be using that is associated with the media player?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Curious if this problem still exists for you? Just updated to JB (AT&T) and all of a sudden Media is my highest % of battery usage. I don't stream any audio. wondering if it's something from the PlayStore?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Curious if this problem still exists for you? Just updated to JB (AT&T) and all of a sudden Media is my highest % of battery usage. I don't stream any audio. wondering if it's something from the PlayStore?

Any sound that plays on your phone including notifications effect media server. Being on the top of the list is not unusual nor does it mean anything is wrong.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed the same thing on my phone this morning. I've had severe battery drains in the last two days but I know one cause was the BW update, which I deleted.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem after the JB update and I wasn?t even using any media applications. I did a factory reset and formatted the SD card (on my computer, not through my phone). Problem seems to have gone away for now. Apparently JB messed up with the Samsung media apps.