Launcher

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I will admit to being a noob on my GS3, my first smartphone.. I've seen more and more posts recently about launchers, and how much more customizable and awesomer they are.. My questions are, with JB released, is there one that won't drop my battery to dead before noon? Which one has more bang for the buck? What exactly does downloading a launcher change on the phone? Be easy, I'm a noob remember? :cool:

undertothenight

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on the launcher. Some will change just the after work while others will change animations and widget resizing. I always seem to find the stock launcher to be a better choice but it is all personal preference. Best thing to do is try a few free ones then go from there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's a helluva deal considering it's 4 bucks.. How often do they have these sales? And more importantly, would I be able to keep the functions of my phone, such as S voice and Google search?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that's a helluva deal considering it's 4 bucks.. How often do they have these sales? And more importantly, would I be able to keep the functions of my phone, such as S voice and Google search?
All your apps will remain in place and in full use. The launcher just changes the application dock at the bottom of your homescreen and gives you much more customizing options for your homescreen(s). Also gives some other options in the application list too depending on the launcher.

Some launchers react differently than others with devices, so give a few a test drive and see what you like. Nova launcher is probably one of the best.

One feature you will probably love about 3rd party launchers is they have a backup and restore option to save your settings and setup of your launcher dock, homescreens, etc.. Great feature.

Much more to talk about with 3rd party launchers but its easier to just grab a one and check it out for yourself.

Good luck and enjoy!

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the help! I will be looking at Nova first, and I have a feeling that may be the only one I look at after reading several reviews, and the help I've got from this forum, it seems very impressive..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the help! I will be looking at Nova first, and I have a feeling that may be the only one I look at after reading several reviews, and the help I've got from this forum, it seems very impressive..

Good luck and if you have any further questions just stop on back and ask :)

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Good idea! And if you like it and want to get Nova Launcher Prime, it's worth it. Remember, you phone is a small computer, worth much more to you than the purchase price. Spending a few extra bucks to customize it the way you want is a minor thing. For example, how much would you spend on floor mats for a new vehicle, etc.? Enjoy!