Sprint S3 wont receive voice calls after JB update

skwiek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So my wifes S3 was working fine until they pushed JB a few weeks ago. Then she could no longer receive voice calls. She CAN call out fine though. And she can send and receive texts. When you call her number it never rings on her end.. If I call, i hear it ring 4/5 times, and then it goes to voice mail. There are no error codes that come up on her phone at all. When she took it to the sprint store, they said it was because of the towers down from the storm. But my phone (S2 - ICS) works fine as do my kids phones. I have done a factory reset with no luck as it still does the same thing. I am at a loss. Any ides from people out there? I would think the radio part was off, but she makes calls fine. Is it possible for her to be dropped from the sprint system for recieve calls only?

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys using Sprint's Google Voice integration? I started experiencing similar calling issues after the JB update. I had to uninstall GV until there is word of some fix. My phone wouldn't allow callers to call or allow me to dial until I uninstalled GV. Now, everything works as it should.

jay28w

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? I had a similiar prob with one of the ROMs I installed, but it went away after I re-flashed LJ7.

Regarding Google Voice, my girl friend and I both use GS3's with no prob. Hers is not rooted, and is with stock JB ROM. We do not do Voice integration with our Sprint #'s, and everything works well.

FWIW.

manush1

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone did the same thing last week. This week my galaxy has been working fine though(unless people haven't been leaving me messages). Maybe just give it some time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair