Hanging up when phone is in pocket

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who constantly hangs up on an incoming call when you pull the phone out of your pocket?
I know it's trivial, but Christ, it's becoming annoying.

I'm not sure if I'm pushing one of the side buttons?
I try like hell not to touch the screen as I'm sliding it out.
Is someone using an app that makes swiping the answer button a little more difficult?
I know right?

Uggh

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Which was is your phone in your pocket? I always have the screen against my leg and the back facing out. So when it rings i can reach in and pull the phone out without touching the screen at all since I'm grabbing the back.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Otterbox Commuter on my S3, and I have no problem with the phone hanging up while in pocket.. I also carry my phone screen in, just for the piece of mind on the fact that if someone were to try to charlie horse me, they'd hit the case and not my screen.. Um, if you're hitting the lock/power button, that will dismiss/end a call, not sure if the volume buttons would do anything..

Theo Polis

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just started having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Rush. If I have the screen turned out, I end up touching it with my hand, and if I have the screen turned in, it rubs against my leg.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have never had this problem. I keep the screen facing my leg and upside-down, and pull it out by grabbing the back and edges. Just make sure you screen is actually locked.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Otterbox Commuter on my S3, and I have no problem with the phone hanging up while in pocket.. I also carry my phone screen in, just for the piece of mind on the fact that if someone were to try to charlie horse me, they'd hit the case and not my screen.. Um, if you're hitting the lock/power button, that will dismiss/end a call, not sure if the volume buttons would do anything..

Yeah u gotta make sure u lock the screen. Is it making calls in ur pocket too?

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, i keep the screen facing my leg as well. Christ, I never thought I would have to ask for help with this issue, but thanks

Maybe it's my giant paws, lol

Patrik Siljestam

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Use the "Gravity Screen" app, it turns off your screen when 1) the phone is upside down and 2) when the proximity sensor is covered (for my phone, I can do this by holding my phone upside down and covering the front camera). There are more special settings in the app, but that's the basics.

This works EVEN when you are receiving a call. I tested it and for about 1 second the screen is lit up by the call, but then the app turns it off again and you can't reject the call until your phone is out of the pocket :)

The "Gravity Screen" app is free as well! =D