Is sprint truly unlimited

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
having issues with verizon and told them i was moving to sprint for their unlimited. both store salesmen and online verizon rep said sprint is not unlimited even tho they advertise that. said if you use over 2g they start to throttle you. opinions please from sprint users

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol complete lies. The Sprint network isn't the fastest but they are fixing it and rolling out LTE.

They are just being salesman who lie to keep customers... Sprint does zero throttling and doesn't charge overages.

I average 6 GB a month and have never been throttled or been charged. Others in this forum use even more than that a month.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I was to give him the benefit of the doubt he could maybe.. Be getting confused with tmobile. They used to give 2GB then throttle evne though it was unlimited... Key word used to. Now they are like Sprint and offer truly unlimited.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Why would a competitor be honest about their competition?!?! Of course they'll lie to you in order to keep your business! Unlimited is Sprints bread and butter! They would not mess with it unless they're looking to lose customers.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
With Softbank's emphasis on data, I look for even more true unlimited plans from Sprint. One (or more) options may include air card usage.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If I was to give him the benefit of the doubt he could maybe.. Be getting confused with tmobile. They used to give 2GB then throttle evne though it was unlimited... Key word used to. Now they are like Sprint and offer truly unlimited.

FYI, i read the fine print attached to the Unlimited 4G Tmobile for 50 Bucks.
They give you 100 megs of 4G, after that they only allow 2G speeds.. LOL
This was on the TV ad where the 2 guys are in a band and want a better plan.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have hit 20 gb between 5 phones, one alone that month was 11gb. I was not throttled nor did Sprint say anything to me.

Damn auto correct. You always end up posting some thong you didn't Nintendo.

anon(136244)

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Its unlimited. In roaming I think the desired "limit" is around 300mb of data a month. Not sure how much you can go over and for how long. I've never been roaming long enough to find out.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Its unlimited. In roaming I think the desired "limit" is around 300mb of data a month. Not sure how much you can go over and for how long. I've never been roaming long enough to find out.

Ok, ok. They are unlimited while on the Sprint network. Like everyother carrier they only give you a small about of off network data before charging you. 300mb is correct. Also they are only unlimited on cell phones. Tablets, laptops, and other devices are not unlimited.

Damn auto correct. You always end up posting some thong you didn't Nintendo.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The 4G speeds are faster than the Verizon speeds here in Harrisburg PA too. Granted there are fewer users on the network too....

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I lived in a fringe area for service and was roaming most of the time without realizing it. They warned me so I (thought) I disabled data roaming but I guess I hadn't. Next thing you know my number is being terminated from our family plan with a 10 day notice and threats of blacklisting the number itself. I was forced to switch to at&t

Sent from my One X

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
As a commercial driver, I've busted that 300 MB 'cap' more than a few times, and it hasn't been a problem. Never been throttled or hassled about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke