Anyone getting a new Galaxy S3 Thursday or Fri?

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll be ordering mine as soon as I get home from work tonight since it'll be well after midnight. Already ordered the Seidio Active case along with a screen protector, and car charger.
Can't wait to get my new S3. My poor little overworked Optimus S is anxious to get retired. :)

pixiowner1716

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I'm a big Black Friday shopper. I will try to grab one from Sam's, if not I have a friend that is going to hold one for me at my local Sprint store. I'm looking forward to it!

madsdad928

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Radioshack will match any advertised prixe for 30 days so I will be going there with my receipt and a sams club add on friday

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Grabbed a pebble blue 16gb off sprint.com at midnight.

Would rather pick up in store but will NOT have to get to a store early to get one.

Just got the epic dialed in with jb - am enjoying the last little bit before it becomes the lil girls wifi only device.

Kenny

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Treo_Robb

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered mine from Sprint's retention department. Called them because I didn't want to deal with the madhouse of Black Friday shoppers, but I still wanted the phone for $.99 cents. Not only did they honor the price, but they also gave me $25 credit for 4 months because I mentioned it didn't seem right for them to charge me $10/month for premium data when I live in a 3G area. And on top of that, they waived the activation fee and gave me free overnight shipping. Sprint's customer service is bar-none if you know the right area(s) to call.

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
How did you get it for .99cents?

I ordered an lg optimus g from amazon on wednesday for 99 dollars which I thought was a great deal but unfortunately because they are a reseller and I need to pay a 100dollar deposit because I have no credit history in the US I had to cancel that order and order a sgs3 directly from sprint yesterday.

Just ordered the commuter otter box from amazon for 17 dollars so looking forward to getting it all.

Right now sprint says they are out of stock but should still be able to get it to me within 2-5 business days....we will see

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I got mine Wednesday at Radio Shack. It was $99.99, but with it I got the $50 Google Play store credit...AND...for each $50 you spend there they send a $10 store coupon. Up front I spent more, but it worked out about even in the end and it saved me from having to go to the Sprint store on Black Friday.

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I got mine this morning. $48 for the phone, $49 for an Otterbox Defender case. BestBuy gave me $95 for my phone, would have been $100 but I wanted to keep my charger so they deducted $5. Long story short, with tax and all I paid a grand total of $10.48 for my new Galaxy S3 and Otterbox.

I'm happy!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Went to a local store this a.m. At 10:00 a.m. they told me they were out of stock. But they didn't tell me that until I repeatedly refused to buy their accessory packs of things I don't need. I suspect they had plenty for people who were going to buy overpriced accessories. By the time I got back home, their web site had crashed. It eventually came back, but... I have a business account, with no activation fees, but the web site insisted on charging me a $36 fee on each of two phones. So I had to make multiple phone calls to get through to business CS. But I finally got the phones ordered.

An hour later I got an email telling me they were out of stock, but more were expected "shortly." I think Sprint totally underestimated the demand for $50 GS3s.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I reserved mine online with Sprint around 7am. Amazon Wireless had it for $1 less, but I decided to just deal with Sprint directly. I called the local store and asked if I could get over there today (Friday) instead of my scheduled reserve pickup on Saturday. They told me it wasn't a problem. They had 50 of the S3s brought in for this weekend. By 9:30AM EST, they had already sold about 20 of them. People were coming in asking for two or three at a time to upgrade the entire family.

They couldn't believe how fast they were flying off the shelves. I had the activation fee waived as I'm part of corporate group program or whatever. I asked if anyone was asking for the HTC EVO LTE and they just kind of snickered. Samsung is great and all, but it's always better when there are more solid players in the field.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I scored one at 07:45 Thursday morning (Marble White 16G) from Sprint.com for $49.99. Had to wait on hold for 20 minutes, but I didn't have to get up early, didn't have to stay awake until midnight, didn't have to wait in any line. It should arrive next week, but I won't be activating it until Christmas...so I'll be staying on my Epic with TPR until then.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I scored one at 07:45 Thursday morning (Marble White 16G) from Sprint.com for $49.99. Had to wait on hold for 20 minutes, but I didn't have to get up early, didn't have to stay awake until midnight, didn't have to wait in any line. It should arrive next week, but I won't be activating it until Christmas...so I'll be staying on my Epic with TPR until then.

Hey rando991, I remember you from the epic forum. You are going to enjoy the gs3.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Got mine today at Sams for. 99 cents. No learning curve for me since I have had one since July on vzw.

My biggest surprise was how much lte coverage I have. I know it is better than average but the only place I do not have it is at home

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well my 12 year old daughter has been up for upgrade since Sept. ready to retire her Samsung Intercept (worlds crappiest phone). She's been drooling over my evo lte since i got it back in May. The mastermind that i am (wanting to try out the SG3 for myself) i convinced her to get the SG3. I knew she'd like the phone so its not like she'd be missing out lol

So I first tried at Radio Shack since there is one right near my house. Was told they'd only give the 49$ price to new costumers, upgrades had to pay 199$. Best Buy on the other hand had it for 48$ so i went in at 12am to get it.

Now i love my evo and i'm glad i got it but the SG3 is pretty impressive. For her, being a 12yr old coming from an intercept the upgrade is WONDERFUL lol When i get a chance to get my hands on it a bit i'll pass on my thoughts. So far it seems like a really nice phone ;)

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
So I first tried at Radio Shack since there is one right near my house. Was told they'd only give the 49$ price to new costumers, upgrades had to pay 199$.

When was this? Starting Wednesday the update deal was $100 with a $50 Google play store credit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781