GS3 just will NOT connect to PC..

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have updated the drivers in all of my guides with the newest ones. Also updated the gs3 root kit zip with the newest drivers. They should all be updated now.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This is truly the biggest pain in the ass I've dealt with. Thanks to Skunk for going into detail in more than one post how to fix this, for it is undisputed that he knows his stuff. However I have never been able to make the fix stick. As I stated prior its always hit and miss and I never know if my computer will recognize my device or not. It sucks...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Blackguru

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It's all well and good having the correct USB drivers and Kies but unless you check the settings on your device by entering *#7284# on your keypad its pointless.
Make sure that URT is set to Modem and USB is set to PDA and not modem.This should fix all connectivity issues with your pc.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung software does not like rooted devices. Rather you are running the stock ROM or not.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Mine is set, from the factory as far as I know, to UART - PDA and and USB set to MTP + ADB, and I've never had any issues connecting to a PC. But it's interesting to know those options exist.

Thanks.

Mizu Nafi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 The phone won't connect on any other computer also

- - - Updated - - -

SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 The phone won't connect on any other computer also

john sheppard

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. This keypad solution was the only thing that worked for me. I had to change the settings *from* the defaults to something else, then *back* to the defaults. In my case URT set *back* to PDA and USB set *back* to MTP + ADB. Using Sprint for provider. Have not yet tried KIES post changes.

Ande Chan1

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I found it!

*** solution ***

all you gotta do is take out your extra sim card and connect then it will re-install the drivers and then plug your extra sim card back in again! easy

Soy Yo

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I found it!

*** solution ***

all you gotta do is take out your extra sim card and connect then it will re-install the drivers and then plug your extra sim card back in again! easy

WTF?!?!?! that totally worked for me!!! THANK YOU!!! This has been bugging me for so long.....
I wonder why the extra memory SD card wont allow it to connect. I hope they fix this.

Thanks again!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
WTF?!?!?! that totally worked for me!!! THANK YOU!!! This has been bugging me for so long.....
I wonder why the extra memory SD card wont allow it to connect. I hope they fix this.

Thanks again!

Try reformatting the SD card and see if it still causes problems.

paresh996

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
OK So, I had this problem too.
My phone was not detected as MTP by the computer.
My phone didn't detect that it was attached to a PC.
On my PC --It didn't work.
Another PC --It didn't work.
Even another PC --It didn't work.
Mac --It didn't work.
Tried all sorts of things written on many websites. --It didn't work.
There was no MTP option in the status bar. It just always charged using the PC.
THEN... Finally 1 day, when I was looking at the back of my CPU (PC ) I saw my USB 3.0 Ports (the Blue ones). I had never connected anything to them. So,
Tried on a USB 3.0 Port --It WORKED!
My phone was immediately detected as MTP. The option showed up in the status bar. I could transfer files. But then- What about my USB 2.0 Ports?
Then I did the following :
Dialed *#7248# for the PhoneUtil options.
Under 'UART' tap MODEM. Under USB, PDA.
If this is already your setting, choose the another ones (PDA for UART and MODEM for USB) and then tap SAVE and RESET.
Again dial *#7248# for the PhoneUtil options.
Under 'UART' tap MODEM. Under USB, PDA. Finally tap SAVE and RESET.
Your phone will now be detected as MTP with all types of USB Ports now.

JDWorks

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Tried everything multiple times. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, etc. Nothing worked.

Then I tried this:

? Go to Phone app and Keypad. Type in code *#7284# which will bring you to the Phone Utility screen with PDA, Modem, and QualComm USB Setting options.
? Click the Qualcomm USB Driver option and select the MTP + ADB option a little message will appear @ the button of the screen saying saved, now just press the back button all the out to the normal screen.
? Then power off phone, reomove the battery, sim card (AT&T) and micro sd card, and put them back in.
? Power the phone back on and then connect it to PC with usb cable (the original that came with phone) and it works.

THIS ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME!! :):)

anon(8114070)

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Tried everything multiple times. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, etc. Nothing worked.

Then I tried this:

• Go to Phone app and Keypad. Type in code *#7284# which will bring you to the Phone Utility screen with PDA, Modem, and QualComm USB Setting options.
• Click the Qualcomm USB Driver option and select the MTP + ADB option a little message will appear @ the button of the screen saying saved, now just press the back button all the out to the normal screen.
• Then power off phone, reomove the battery, sim card (AT&T) and micro sd card, and put them back in.
• Power the phone back on and then connect it to PC with usb cable (the original that came with phone) and it works.

THIS ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME!! :):)
OK now for some dumb user questions
  1. After typing #7284# do you take some additional action like presing the call icon? I'm on Sprint and if I call the #7284# I get a message telling me that I've dialed an invalid number. If I just enter teh #7284# and do nothing, nothing then happens.
  2. It is suggested to remove the SIM card - I cannot see my SIM card. I've looked at some videos telling me how to remove the SIM card but when I open my phone I see the module for the MicroSD but there is no SIM card module. I purchaed the 32GB phone and currently have not installed any extra memory.

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
OK now for some dumb user questions
  1. After typing #7284# do you take some additional action like presing the call icon? I'm on Sprint and if I call the #7284# I get a message telling me that I've dialed an invalid number. If I just enter teh #7284# and do nothing, nothing then happens.
Did you type the Astrix first? *#7284#
It is suggested to remove the SIM card - I cannot see my SIM card. I've looked at some videos telling me how to remove the SIM card but when I open my phone I see the module for the MicroSD but there is no SIM card module. I purchaed the 32GB phone and currently have not installed any extra memory.
This SPH-L710 is a CDMA phone.
There is no accessible SIM card.

Be glad you bought the larger memory.
My phone has started eating external uSD cards, it's very frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy