How smooth is Jellybean?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Howdy folks. As I patiently wait for Verizon to roll out Jellybean, I was wondering how smooth it's going to be.

One app which lags for me (and annoys the crap out of me) is Tapatalk. As I scroll up and down the list of posts, it occasionally skips/stutters.

Doea anyone running Jellybean notice the same?

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Its going to be a different build on Verizon so it depends how good of a job Samsung and Verizon do on it. You might see 4.1.2 instead of 4.1.1 like we have? It all good for me though works really well only minor issues but the important stuff like battery and what not are great for me. Tapa talk has issues no matter what device you are on is my experience though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Howdy folks. As I patiently wait for Verizon to roll out Jellybean, I was wondering how smooth it's going to be.

One app which lags for me (and annoys the crap out of me) is Tapatalk. As I scroll up and down the list of posts, it occasionally skips/stutters.

Doea anyone running Jellybean notice the same?

Ics did the same for me. I have pretty much fixed it by going to developers options and limiting background apps to 4. If it starts to lag clear your memory in the task manager.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had pretty much zero lag on this thing so far. Not one regret at this point...despite my lock screen problem.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
JB runs smoooooooove like a well WD-40'd door hinge!

Tapatalk always ran crap at times on every phone I've owned since I purchased it. Do what Skunkape said and limit background apps to 4 in developer options and clear memory every so often. It helps keep memory from being used up like an ex-girlfriend.

bp240

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
You probably won't notice a difference. ICS was so smooth on my phone that I honestly saw no difference after all this ?project butter" talk. Like others have said, that's just tapatalk being tapatalk

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I got tired on waiting for the update so i manually downloaded it with no regrets using the Google framework method and I'm glad to say it has been an improvement in battery lasting longer than before nearly flawless despite reading about problems other are having with theirs in other forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star