Useless Apps

Evil_Lite

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just received my S3 and I'm wondering what apps I can get rid of? I don't really care for the Samsung apps like the game center or the chat, but what else can I remove?

Thanks!

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Actually, go to Settings> Application Manager> All and go thru the list. You cannot uninstall everything, but there are a number of unnecessary apps that you can.

Forgewizard

May 20, 2012
Visit site
For those that you cannot uninstall (unless you root) you can at least hide them so they dont annoy you everytime you see them. But make sure you turn off any of their background services. And you may have to do it all over after a soft reset.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Evil_Lite

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
For those that you cannot uninstall (unless you root) you can at least hide them so they dont annoy you everytime you see them. But make sure you turn off any of their background services. And you may have to do it all over after a soft reset.

I'd rather uninstall them, but i dont want to uninstall something I need for the phone to work.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather uninstall them, but i dont want to uninstall something I need for the phone to work.

That's why I suggest using titanium backup pro to freeze them. They won't run and you won't see them but if you find something doesn't work right, just defrost and you're back in business.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It's been a long time since I've been stock but isn't there quite a few apps that have this feature disabled?

My SGS2 has it and I believe the S3 has it. And if it doesn't then as you suggested, go for rooting and Titanium Backup. It's da bomb. :p

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums