how to get rid of bottom row?

jason1mc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
how do I get rid of the bottom row of stuff on my galaxy s3 and reduce the number of dots/screens? i'd like to see for instance my calendar at full screen. many thanks.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "bottom row"...you mean the tray? I think you would need a different launcher like Nova to get rid of the tray.
As for getting rid of home screens...if you pinch 'in', you will zoom out to show all your home screens in miniature. From there you can drag individual home screens to the little trash can icon and delete them...or more if you choose.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
how do I get rid of the bottom row of stuff on my galaxy s3 and reduce the number of dots/screens? i'd like to see for instance my calendar at full screen. many thanks.

It's called the Dock. You'll need to install another launcher to really be able to tweak it . I use Nova Launcher. It's regarded by many as the best but thats a personal choice.

For example, I have Nova setup so when I swipe up with one finger it toggles the Dock open or closed. Swipe up with two fingers it toggles the notification bar open or closed giving me more screen space.

Go to the play store and download the free versions of apex and Nova Launcher (or others) to get an idea of what you can do.

Here's a thread that may help you a little.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=200795

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I use ADW launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I luv'd ADW EX. Used it for over a year. When I got my GS3 I tried Apex, Go and Nova. Went with Nova I wish Nova had the option to change the Dock style like ADW does

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34