Can a voice mail message be saved as file?

mobdad

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I want to send a voice mail message to a business associate. Is it possible to save the message as a file so I can email it? Using Visual Voicemail. Don't see any options for that. Thanks.

EDIT: Figured it out. Tried all the icons on the bottom and there was one that looked like a telephone (NEVER thought that would be the icon to save to SD card!)

Last edited:

Chevyracing252

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
If you setup a Google voice account and use it as your voice mail account, then yes this is possible. Voice mail messages are stored on a server with your carrier and I am not sure if Sprint has an option that allows you to export your email to a file or not, then but you would need to check with them to be sure.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

graphicman1060

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Please help. I live in mexico, and the provider is Telcel. I tried a tutorial to install google voice, and says that is not available in my country. Do you think of another way to have voice mail with another way or application? Thanks.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Google voice is only in the USA right now. But the next time you visit the USA (if you ever do) use a Wi-Fi connection and sign up for Google voice claiming you live in the USA. Since the service checks where you actually are, you cannot just claim you are in the USA now. Once you go back to Mexico, you will have a USA number you can call from using programs like Groove IP, and the Google voice app to get voice mail, plus to send and receive text as though they were in the USA. I have helped some of my old neighbors set it up so they could keep in contact with their family in Mexico without paying international rates for calls or text. You have to have a pretty fast internet connection for groove IP to work well though.

Not I do not know if have someone you know in the USA now signing up for you then giving you the Google username and password will work or not. Also it was several years ago that I did this for my neighbors. Google may of change it so this does not work anymore. Ask around to see if anyone else has tried it.

I have never been to Mexico but where I live there are many Mexican areas. Good food. Nothing like taco bell, LOL.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome