Odd :-/ replacement S3 runs better

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
As some of you know, I have had my S3 replaced twice from me dropping it. So I am on my 3rd phone. This one csme with
JB installed already. And the phone is faster then both the first two, with better battery life. I cannot explain it. Even my wife said she can notice this one running better. The first had ICS, the second I upgraded to JB. Since this new one is a referb, I am using the same battery as I did on the first two. :confused:

Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As some of you know, I have had my S3 replaced twice from me dropping it. So I am on my 3rd phone. This one csme with
JB installed already. And the phone is faster then both the first two, with better battery life. I cannot explain it. Even my wife said she can notice this one running better. The first had ICS, the second I upgraded to JB. Since this new one is a referb, I am using the same battery as I did on the first two. :confused:

Any ideas?

Yep. Now that you've got one that seems to work better for you...don't drop it! :p

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not particularly accident prone myself, but I have the Otterbox Commuter case, and the S3 feels bulletproof in it.. Just a suggestion :cool:

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My wife brow beat me into buying an otter box defender. Now back to the question of this thread. Why would this phone run faster than my other two?

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes yes, damn distractions.. That is tough to determine, with a lot of variables.. Have you installed all the same apps you were running before? JB does run smoother than ICS, obviously, but the difference between phone 2 and 3 is puzzling..

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Same settings, most the same apps. I don't keep apps on my phone I do not offer anymore do a phone swap was a good time to, umm, just not to install them again.
Same battery and SD card.

Phone one to two (both started with ICS) were the same. Then 2 was updated to JB. 3 came with JB on it. The only things I can think of is holdover items from ICS in JB in the updated 2nd phone causing it to run a bit slower then it should. While I reset the second phone after the JB update was done, I did not factory reset it. It is like upgrading to the next version of Windows vs a clean install. I do tech support for a living but deal with Windows and OSX. Not Linux or any mobile OS. I thought Linux / Android did not artifact the old data. But I was told that by a Linux junkie. So I dunno how true that really is.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Same settings, most the same apps. I don't keep apps on my phone I do not offer anymore do a phone swap was a good time to, umm, just not to install them again.
Same battery and SD card.

Phone one to two (both started with ICS) were the same. Then 2 was updated to JB. 3 came with JB on it. The only things I can think of is holdover items from ICS in JB in the updated 2nd phone causing it to run a bit slower then it should. While I reset the second phone after the JB update was done, I did not factory reset it. It is like upgrading to the next version of Windows vs a clean install. I do tech support for a living but deal with Windows and OSX. Not Linux or any mobile OS. I thought Linux / Android did not artifact the old data. But I was told that by a Linux junkie. So I dunno how true that really is.

I probably should have done that too after upgrading my new phone from 4.0.4 to 4.1.1...maybe if I have a few hours, I'll reset the whole damn thing again, although I'm rooted. Not sure if I have to do anything special to factory reset it properly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol