Llama not polling for cell after Spint Active the phone.

justdoit2

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Over the black friday weekend I got two S3. one me other for the wife. I received it on Wednesday but I did not active the phone right away so I been play with mine for 2 days and start setup the keepass and Llama etc. Llama did great, learning my Home and Work cell towers without problem. so on Friday I active both phone at the same time, that night I tried to setup my wife's S3 with Llama, all I see is the boot up time +- Cell: -1:-1:-1 No Signal/Unknown in the "Recent" tab. I figure maybe I enable or disable a "Settings" by accident, so I spend that night compare to mine S3 settings.

Finally I realize even mine "Recent" tab has NOT been update other than the Cell:-1:-1:-1 when I restart my phone.

Do you think Sprint did something after they active my phone? You wont notice this if you had already trained your phone, I just happen to have two new phones and one didn't have a trained Llama. Wondering if any other S3 owner see the same issue? You can check the "Recent" is if your are polling? My device is Androrid 4.1.1 L710VPBLJ7

thank you,

justdoit2

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hope I am not posting in the wrong forums. I don't want to duplicate post either.

attach is the photo I took. White S3 which I had installed Llama 2 days before I active the phone. vs my wife's. Of course after I active both phone to spring it's stop scanning for "recent" cell.

https://plus.google.com/photos/111084346713668681877/albums/5817929971368112081 incase it didn't show.

ekokomo

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem too! I also got in on the Black Friday deal. This is the first time I've seen someone else experiencing it.

Anyone else? Any ideas on what it could be? I'm desperate to have Llama back :(

justdoit2

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not know if I found the solution yet. But so far it's "pulling" cell towers.
The developer has a Llama bean edition due to the change in Jelly Bean's API.

KebabApps: Llama bean point one one

like I said I just download it after more google and reading. Will report back if it doesn't work. Looks like developer is pretty actively working on it, so make sure to donate!

anon(2141463)

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Llama for a couple years and love it. Searched this thread but didn't see any similar issues. Just got a VM LG Volt LS-740 and am having a cell tower polling problem. It works fine if mobile network is set to CDMA only but as soon as I change it to LTE/CDMA then RECENT shows "Cell: -1:-1:-1 No signal/Unknown" and it stops polling. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781